ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixer to crossover to Ksub : benefit to dual balanced inputs?  (Read 5318 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Mixer to crossover to Ksub : benefit to dual balanced inputs?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »

The K subs are full range pass through. When I got mine I found the paperwork provided by QSC to be a little confusing and other folks seemed unsure too from what I read so I called QSC to make sure.  I was told that the K subs do not offer HP pass through. They have low pass but the outputs are parallel to input.  The K tops offer the HP.

Yes.  You can connect them how you like into subs then tops or tops then subs.  Each speaker sorts out its own requirements.  Not so useful when mixing different makes which don't do that!

Steve.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »

Yes.  You can connect them how you like into subs then tops or tops then subs.  Each speaker sorts out its own requirements.  Not so useful when mixing different makes which don't do that!

Steve.

I mentioned this because the OP was talking about RCF tops with K-subs and I didn't want him to think he could rely on an HP filter in the sub using this set up.
There have been many comments online in various forums that contradict each other - this was the main reason I reached out to QSC directly about this.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve M Smith

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 03:12:07 AM »

I mentioned this because the OP was talking about RCF tops with K-subs and I didn't want him to think he could rely on an HP filter in the sub using this set up.

I have recently bought a pair of QSC K12.2s and intend to get the KSubs.  It was only by luck that I got the K12s first due to finding a good deal.  If I had got the subs first, I would have had to find a way to interface them with my RCF speakers too.

Steve.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »

I have recently bought a pair of QSC K12.2s and intend to get the KSubs.  It was only by luck that I got the K12s first due to finding a good deal.  If I had got the subs first, I would have had to find a way to interface them with my RCF speakers too.

Steve.

That will be a nice compact system. I did like the form factor of the K subs - very easy to transport and they take up so little space.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve M Smith

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

That will be a nice compact system. I did like the form factor of the K subs - very easy to transport and they take up so little space.

Exactly why I want them.

On top of that, a friend has the same system.  So we can hire to each other if we need a bit more power. Not sure how the assymetrical horns will work together, but there's only one way to find out!

Steve.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:10:26 PM »

Exactly why I want them.

On top of that, a friend has the same system.  So we can hire to each other if we need a bit more power. Not sure how the assymetrical horns will work together, but there's only one way to find out!

Steve.

That'll be interesting to check out....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:10:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.