ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADJ Hexcon  (Read 439 times)

Robert Marshall

ADJ Hexcon
« on: November 18, 2019, 01:42:14 pm »

Is it possible to use the ADJ Hexcon controller with other manufacturers lights? I have a couple of Stagg Headbanger 10s and a couple of Equinox Fusion Razor Beams.
I appreciate they are only RGBW fixtures so would not benefit from the Amber/UV settings.

David Allred

Re: ADJ Hexcon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 01:55:07 pm »

Is it possible to use the ADJ Hexcon controller with other manufacturers lights? I have a couple of Stagg Headbanger 10s and a couple of Equinox Fusion Razor Beams.
I appreciate they are only RGBW fixtures so would not benefit from the Amber/UV settings.

Gotta use your actual first & last name when you sign up.  Change that and help will come.

Thanks

Steve Garris

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 12:58:22 pm »

I just read a quick review on that board, and while you could probably get some light, it would be very insufficient for use with the headbangers. You are stuck with only 6 channels per fixture, with 6 fixtures max. Just about any $100 dmx board will work far better.

David Allred

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:45 pm »

You are stuck with only 6 channels per fixture, with 6 fixtures max. Just about any $100 dmx board will work far better.

Well... 6 SETS of fixtures, which might be enough depending.
With different fixture types  trying to control them "live" with faders will be difficult at best.  Scenes will be the only way.

Robert Marshall

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 09:03:55 am »

Thanks Steve,

That's what I thought, I've already got a Chauvet Obey 40 board that I have used but have not really got that deep into DMX yet. When I'm DJing I find that I don't have that much time to concentrate on lighting so also tend to fall back on sound activation.
Do you know of any boards that are very user friendly to be used by single man (music and lighting) operators?

I just read a quick review on that board, and while you could probably get some light, it would be very insufficient for use with the headbangers. You are stuck with only 6 channels per fixture, with 6 fixtures max. Just about any $100 dmx board will work far better.

Steve Garris

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 12:12:59 pm »

Thanks Steve,

That's what I thought, I've already got a Chauvet Obey 40 board that I have used but have not really got that deep into DMX yet. When I'm DJing I find that I don't have that much time to concentrate on lighting so also tend to fall back on sound activation.
Do you know of any boards that are very user friendly to be used by single man (music and lighting) operators?

Your Obey 40 will do what you are asking. It can run 12 fixtures using 16 channels per fixture. Your Headbangers need 13 channels. You can create scenes with the headbangers fixed to a color, or have them come on with an Auto program (CH12, auto, or CH13 Auto, sound-activated). They also have the "Macro" settings that will cycle through colors.

The Obey 40 doesn't have sound activation built in, but you can use the light programming for that per above. One downside is, if you have 3 fixtures on "sound active" they will not look the same as each other. Another limitation is there is no Master fader, nor can you set a fade time between scenes. As a DJ, I presume this won't be an issue.

So create a bunch of scenes, then from there you can create a chase or two. You can create up to 240 Scenes with the Obey 40.

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 04:02:32 pm »

Your Obey 40 will do what you are asking. It can run 12 fixtures using 16 channels per fixture. Your Headbangers need 13 channels. You can create scenes with the headbangers fixed to a color, or have them come on with an Auto program (CH12, auto, or CH13 Auto, sound-activated). They also have the "Macro" settings that will cycle through colors.

The Obey 40 doesn't have sound activation built in, but you can use the light programming for that per above. One downside is, if you have 3 fixtures on "sound active" they will not look the same as each other. Another limitation is there is no Master fader, nor can you set a fade time between scenes. As a DJ, I presume this won't be an issue.

So create a bunch of scenes, then from there you can create a chase or two. You can create up to 240 Scenes with the Obey 40.

Tons of OBey40 and it's generic clones' programming help on youtube.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:12 pm »

Hi Robert, Iíll toss in a vote for DMXIS.  Itís software with an interface, but it can work as a plugin to a few different DJ softwares.  Depending on what you use for music this might be an easy way to get some lighting going without needing a separate controller.  Itís also very user friendly compared to other lighting software.  Hope this helps!

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:12 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.