Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

SA Upgrade

(1/2) > >>

Jordan Tanner:
I know there are a number of threads regarding spectrum analysers, and I've read them all top to bottom a number of times.

I currently use an RF explorer (Pro Audio edition) for data gathering, but as I'm starting to do large & more frequent RF & coordination work I'd like to upgrade to something capable of capturing somewhat more reliable data. I'm currently looking at the following-

-Signal Hound BB60C (performance preference)
-Signal Hound SA44B (budget preference)
-TTi PSA Series 5 (I like the idea of a built in display)

I guess my primary question is: for production RF work, how much benefit (if any) does the BB60C offer over the SA44B?

Additionally, as a bonus question- can anyone suggest a good omni antenna for 470-700MHz?

Thanks!

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Jordan Tanner on November 17, 2019, 12:22:49 am ---I know there are a number of threads regarding spectrum analysers, and I've read them all top to bottom a number of times.

I currently use an RF explorer (Pro Audio edition) for data gathering, but as I'm starting to do large & more frequent RF & coordination work I'd like to upgrade to something capable of capturing somewhat more reliable data. I'm currently looking at the following-

-Signal Hound BB60C (performance preference)
-Signal Hound SA44B (budget preference)
-TTi PSA Series 5 (I like the idea of a built in display)

I guess my primary question is: for production RF work, how much benefit (if any) does the BB60C offer over the SA44B?

Additionally, as a bonus question- can anyone suggest a good omni antenna for 470-700MHz?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Hi Jordan,
I use the TTi PSA3605 and I love it. There's a lot to be said about the convenience of having everything there in one hand.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Jordan Tanner on November 17, 2019, 12:22:49 am ---

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

http://resources.aimtti.com/datasheets/PSA-ANT2_Info_Sheet.pdf

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: Jordan Tanner on November 17, 2019, 12:22:49 am ---...can anyone suggest a good omni antenna for 470-700MHz?
--- End quote ---

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/a-1031-u

Zach Geist:

--- Quote from: Jordan Tanner on November 17, 2019, 12:22:49 am ----TTi PSA Series 5 (I like the idea of a built in display)

--- End quote ---

Really hard to go wrong with these models. You may want to consider the 6G version as we seem to be trending more and more in that direction (PSA6005). There is also the USC option kit that has case and accessories, including the antenna mentioned by Peter!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version