ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help with WSM offline setup and matching devices  (Read 1244 times)

Miguel Dahl

Need some help with WSM offline setup and matching devices
« on: November 21, 2019, 09:47:42 AM »

If I create a show file for the WSM offline, how do I make sure that the receivers I've named "01, 02, 03 etc" in the software will match how I want the physical receivers?

For instance: I allocate a frequency to receiver "01" in the software. How do I make the physical receiver number 1 (number one from top left in my rack) to "be" that receiver as in the software?

I know about channel sorting, has it anything to do with this? If i just match my file with the receivers, going WSM -> receivers, I guess it will just be randomly assigned?

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
Re: Need some help with WSM offline setup and matching devices
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 12:03:26 PM »

If I create a show file for the WSM offline, how do I make sure that the receivers I've named "01, 02, 03 etc" in the software will match how I want the physical receivers?

For instance: I allocate a frequency to receiver "01" in the software. How do I make the physical receiver number 1 (number one from top left in my rack) to "be" that receiver as in the software?

I know about channel sorting, has it anything to do with this? If i just match my file with the receivers, going WSM -> receivers, I guess it will just be randomly assigned?

The easiest way that I have found is to name the devices manually on their front panels before connecting, then when you switch WSM to online mode the window that pops up will let you click & drag around the connected devices in the right column to correlate to your offline settings in the left column.

After it sends the settings, it will usually mix up the displayed WSM channel panes.  You'll have to drag the panes back to your liking.  Then don't forget to save!

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »

The easiest way that I have found is to name the devices manually on their front panels before connecting, then when you switch WSM to online mode the window that pops up will let you click & drag around the connected devices in the right column to correlate to your offline settings in the left column.

After it sends the settings, it will usually mix up the displayed WSM channel panes.  You'll have to drag the panes back to your liking.  Then don't forget to save!

I didn't understand this. The window which pops up gives you the choice of which way you want to sync the settings. Either from devices to WSM, or from WSM to devices.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 02:06:19 PM »

I didn't understand this. The window which pops up gives you the choice of which way you want to sync the settings. Either from devices to WSM, or from WSM to devices.

Pardon for being mentally challenged. I click match Configuration to Devices, then I get the list you mentioned.

So if the right column correlates to the left colums, it will be all good?

I din't know about this drag & drop (even though I now see it says one can drag & drop). I guess I'm all good, thank you!

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »

So if the right column correlates to the left colums, it will be all good?

Ostensibly.  That program rarely passes an opportunity to present new and bewildering challenges.  😉

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 06:34:17 PM »

Ostensibly.  That program rarely passes an opportunity to present new and bewildering challenges.  😉

It's a learning curve. I feel that it's mostly because how things are described/worded, and maybe some just very unintuitive GUI TBH, which makes it harder to just jump into that f.ex WWB. After I've learned one thing at a time, it's to me at least a great tool. With WWB I felt I could do a more "bunchy"-learning approach. With WSM, not so much. One thing at a time. I hope this was my more or less final frontier for my application.

I see there's a resoning behind it all, very step by step-based. If you skip one tab, you've omitted the "analyse frequency spectrum" function in one of the tabs, which is kind of important. Why wouldn't that function be in on of the more interesting/important tabs. I believe the GUI could be better.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:41:22 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »

I tried your trick this weekend, and bingo, this is how it's done. Thank you so much. 120 second in-the-field-setup of 16 channels (with on site scan). No jumbling of panes either. They were as I defined them offline.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.