ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: My new Danley System  (Read 22265 times)

John A Chiara

Re: My new Danley System
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2019, 11:36:38 PM »

That sounds like a interesting deployment. Do you have any photos?
You are powering the Danley subs with the Crest amps as well?
Is the MaxxBass the hardware unit or a plug in?
I have the MaxxBCL hardware and it is truly a “magic box”.
Since it essentially doubles the perceived output of your subs in two rack spaces, it is a money and space saver. How much money and space would it take to double your TH118XLs?
TH118XLs are on a Behringer Inuke 12,000 DSP. MaxxBass hardware. I did not use them on the Danley’s. Tried it on my old TH115 system and it wasn’t very helpful. I’m going to be putting an Aphex Dominator II in the chain and experimenting. I have lots of experience with the Compellor/Dominator combo as well from years of club work on small systems tweaked to within an inch of their life. It’s a cool
Sounding analog mastering setup.

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2019, 03:04:03 AM »

TH118XLs are on a Behringer Inuke 12,000 DSP. MaxxBass hardware. I did not use them on the Danley’s. Tried it on my old TH115 system and it wasn’t very helpful. I’m going to be putting an Aphex Dominator II in the chain and experimenting. I have lots of experience with the Compellor/Dominator combo as well from years of club work on small systems tweaked to within an inch of their life. It’s a cool
Sounding analog mastering setup.

Interesting. My subs are front loaded 18" and the MaxxBCL works great with them. Maybe the Waves processing doesn't work well with the tapped horn.
Why does the forum show you as a one star newbie? You've been on this forum for as long as I can remember.

John A Chiara

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2019, 09:06:27 AM »

Interesting. My subs are front loaded 18" and the MaxxBCL works great with them. Maybe the Waves processing doesn't work well with the tapped horn.
Why does the forum show you as a one star newbie? You've been on this forum for as long as I can remember.
I couldn’t get my old account to sign on.
The Maxxbass works best with reflex boxes because it generates harmonics that are heard better with speakers you can see!! I have even used it with Lab subs and it does its thing...just not as obviously.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2019, 10:49:00 AM »

I couldn’t get my old account to sign on.
The Maxxbass works best with reflex boxes because it generates harmonics that are heard better with speakers you can see!! I have even used it with Lab subs and it does its thing...just not as obviously.

So you mean it works best with speakers with more distortion--------------------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John A Chiara

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »

So you mean it works best with speakers with more distortion--------------------
Exactly! Any box with the speaker NOT front facing obviously lowers distortion out front in a good design.
My club system depends on the Maxxbass. Usually running the whole PA, monitors and band on one circuit. Luckily my reference for low frequencies came from TH115’s and TH215’s...so I’m pretty good at ‘faking’ a facsimile when necessary under limited circumstances! Also have a Danley sub in my mastering setup in the studio, and 6 Lab Subs in my installed system. Hardest part for newbies is getting a reference on real low end and how to use it musically.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »

Just to clarify - are you guys using the MaxxBCL or are you hosting the Maxxbass plugin in your live rig? And if the latter, how are you hosting the software?

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »

Just to clarify - are you guys using the MaxxBCL or are you hosting the Maxxbass plugin in your live rig? And if the latter, how are you hosting the software?
I’m using the hardware unit. AES out of mixer into AES input of the MaxxBCL.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2019, 11:02:15 PM »

I’m using the hardware unit. AES out of mixer into AES input of the MaxxBCL.

That's what I was guessing. Sadly the MaxxBCL is no longer produced, so looks like software is the only option. The thought of running an entire show off a laptop gives me pause. I've used laptops for synths, lights, special processing on a channel or two, backing tracks, but never for the full FOH. It's one thing to have backing tracks or a synth fail...quite something else to have the entire sound system go down due to a computer issue.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2019, 11:08:01 PM »

That's what I was guessing. Sadly the MaxxBCL is no longer produced, so looks like software is the only option. The thought of running an entire show off a laptop gives me pause. I've used laptops for synths, lights, special processing on a channel or two, backing tracks, but never for the full FOH. It's one thing to have backing tracks or a synth fail...quite something else to have the entire sound system go down due to a computer issue.

Why wouldn't you use it as an insert that can be bypassed in the event of a failure?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:11 AM »

Debbie;

How is the new system? Still going out with it? Haven't heard much and was wondering how you like it now that you've had it for awhile. Hoping to see some pictures and video's.

Kindest regards;

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:11 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.