ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: My new Danley System  (Read 22280 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: My new Danley System
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

I believe this to be fake news. Not a picture in sight!  ;D ;D  Glad you like the new system. Now that you've had your first night on them do you still feel you need a B system and will want to go out with it?  How was the Coaxial Tops. Sound different or close enough to what you had that it didn't take much to get where you wanted to be? Keep the reports coming if you have the time!
Douglas R. Allen

Aaahhh.... I'm not much of a picture taker but I so wish I had - darn!

Anyway.... I've got the DZR's coming and I know I can put them to good use ... however, I am more tempted to use the single Danley system where I can in smaller venues in place of a compact power system.

The SM80 tops do sound quite different to the SRX812's or DSR112's. I noticed the lack of a horn to my ears but not in a bad way - there were no real missing frequencies in the upper frequencies - just different.
I will need to do some tweaking once I get into a bigger room.
I did spend a bit of time over the evening making sure to get vocals and guitar to cut through the mix - not so much the cymbals as they could also cut through acoustically.
It's all matter of getting used to the sound of the Danleys and not trying to emulate the speakers I have been used to for so long.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »

The overall level was about the same as what it would have been on my powered system with the master fader on the mixer sitting at 0db.

That is an often used type of statement, but has little to no actual meaning.

The only thing that was comparable was the total gain was the same for a particular SPL.  The output capability could be totally different.

That could easily change either way simply by adding or removing gain from one system.

I have seen sales guys use amps with a higher gain as having "louder watts".  NO, just the sensitivity was different on the amps.

I will say that at least it gives you an idea of "where to start".  But remember that you should be able to turn it up more and get greater output, when you get into a larger space.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »

It's shocking how loud and clean this system will get. ;D
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John L Nobile

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »

+1

And so easy to deploy.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »

That is an often used type of statement, but has little to no actual meaning.

The only thing that was comparable was the total gain was the same for a particular SPL.  The output capability could be totally different.

That could easily change either way simply by adding or removing gain from one system.

I have seen sales guys use amps with a higher gain as having "louder watts".  NO, just the sensitivity was different on the amps.

I will say that at least it gives you an idea of "where to start".  But remember that you should be able to turn it up more and get greater output, when you get into a larger space.

I was referring to where I had the amps set at 0db /-6db that Chris had suggested. It basically gave me exactly the levels I would have expected if I had used my usual powered set up at 0db tops/ whatever 3 o'clock means on a PRX718 sub.
Of course I am looking forward to  getting the whole system up in a bigger place and pushing the amps a bit more for overall volume.
THEN - and only then - will I be happy ......mwahahahahahahahaha......
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2019, 07:50:09 AM »

Most first time bands look at my rig and tell me they are going to supplement it with something they have brought. At that point I bring up program material to half and have them stand 50 ft out. Then we walk out another 75-100 feet. Then I turn it up to the last green light. It freaks a lot of them out.. 8) 8) 8)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »

+1

And so easy to deploy.

+2, +3, +4, etc. To both "loud and clear", and "easy to deploy".

Best regards,

John

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2019, 12:55:11 PM »

Most first time bands look at my rig and tell me they are going to supplement it with something they have brought. At that point I bring up program material to half and have them stand 50 ft out. Then we walk out another 75-100 feet. Then I turn it up to the last green light. It freaks a lot of them out.. 8) 8) 8)
Yup.
I've done a couple of House music DJ events, and they always look with dismay at what I brought.
Then it gets cranked up and jaws drop.
Always amazed and complimentary.

John L Nobile

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »

Yup.
I've done a couple of House music DJ events, and they always look with dismay at what I brought.
Then it gets cranked up and jaws drop.
Always amazed and complimentary.

I would imagine that this happens with most if not all Danley speakers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.