ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: small speaker recommendation  (Read 5139 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: small speaker recommendation
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 05:25:45 PM »

RCF Art708 mk4?

Ken Braziel

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »

The QSC K8.2 blew me away when I heard it, punched way above its size IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the same could be said of the Yamaha DXR8 but I haven't heard it. The DXR8 may be the best value right now because the original models are currently selling much less than the new mk2 version ($150 less at Sweetwater, for example).

The K8.2's are now my standard small-stage monitors, I absolutely love them & haven't had a single complaint all summer. Replaced my collection of K12's with those (and one pair of 12.2's for when they're appropriate).

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »

I have a single DXR8 that the guitar player uses as a stage monitor. It is amazingly loud, clear and surprisingly has good bass response too. I once had to use it for FOH when I had a speaker go down in a small venue. It looked really funny but it did a great job!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 06:55:33 AM »

I wanted to consider something in a smaller sized enclosure, but Mike Pyle gave me a price on a dxr8 that I could not turn down. Thanks for all the input.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Scott Bolt

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »

I wanted to consider something in a smaller sized enclosure, but Mike Pyle gave me a price on a dxr8 that I could not turn down. Thanks for all the input.
Solid choice :)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 08:27:05 PM »

You will LOVE it.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Al Poulin

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 12:43:05 PM »

For what you’re describing the Bose S1 would be a great fit. I busk, and brought it primarily for that, but it’s a great Bluetooth speaker as well.

The Bose is OK if you don't need much volume. For background music it is ok or for a guitar. I found it doesn't do great with vocals and clips fairly easily when you sing through it. I compared it to my DXR8 and it ws night and day. DXR is much, much louder and sounds less hyped than the Bose. I was expecting better/clearer mids from the Bose to be honest. DXR8s are amazing little tops, especially when hi-passed of course in bigger applications.

Al
Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  Its what separates us from the animals...except the weasel. - Homer Simpson

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »

DXR8s are amazing little tops, especially when hi-passed of course in bigger applications.

I had my first run with DXR12s a couple weeks ago, and was surprised to hear how loud the fans were, and that they ran all the time. Is that also true of the 8s?
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 10:52:48 AM »

I had my first run with DXR12s a couple weeks ago, and was surprised to hear how loud the fans were, and that they ran all the time. Is that also true of the 8s?

I believe they run all the time - not home to check- but I’ve never noticed mine being loud at all. My PRX712’s are louder.

Al Poulin

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »

I do believe they run all the time, but I can hardly hear them unless i'm in my little "studio" and it's really quiet otherwise. You would never notice at any gig IMO.

Al 
Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  Its what separates us from the animals...except the weasel. - Homer Simpson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.