ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie update & dumb question?  (Read 3463 times)

Laurence Nefzger

• Kirkland, WA USA
Re: newbie update & dumb question?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »

Do you have any examples for "any" desks about how to make the sub-aux track the main L/R?

This was my biggest hassle when I was mixing on analog desks. How would one do it now? Haven't done aux-subs or requested to have it set up that way for years because of that hassle, which I to be honest didn't dive into to make it "functional".

One can also use the mono send for feeding the subs, instead of an aux.
Besides the X32/M32 noted in many replies another way to handle this issue is to have a DCA control both the aux master and the master bus.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »

I have a Qu Pac and normally run the mains with the AES out into the DBX360 input, works great, sounds clean. When I run the system with aux subs I still use the AES to run the mains and an analog out for subs.

In the DSP I add delay to the AES input to compensate for the additional latency on the analog sub aux input, I can't remember what that delay is right now!

If I'm doing bluegrass/acoustic acts with a larger system I always go with aux subs.

The QU's only have one AES output but it assignable to any of the QU output sources.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »

I like running aux-fed subs.  Honestly I can't remember the last time I had to adjust the Master fader during a gig, so the tracking of Master and Aux master isn't really an issue.  If I'm mixing a band I have them on a DCA anyway and adjust the volume using said DCA. 

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »

Do you have any examples for "any" desks about how to make the sub-aux track the main L/R?

This was my biggest hassle when I was mixing on analog desks. How would one do it now? Haven't done aux-subs or requested to have it set up that way for years because of that hassle, which I to be honest didn't dive into to make it "functional".

One can also use the mono send for feeding the subs, instead of an aux.

Why are you messing with the Stereo main anyway? On any desk that lets me, I hide it away and never touch it. I have mute groups that can mute the desk in an emergency, and after soundcheck I can't recall a time when I have needed the main L/R fader for anything.

On my CL5's I have my money channels on those two right hand side faders.....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.