ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Strand CD80 rack  (Read 5719 times)

Scott Hofmann

Re: Upgrade Strand CD80 rack
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »

Upgrade is shipped and scheduled to arrive on Friday. I have someone coming up Monday to install it. I think I could do it myself but he's had a few CD80's apart so I'd feel better if he did it.

We had a performer that wouldn't go on if the dimmer noise wasn't fixed. Luckily he was solo and their LD brought his own LED package and was only using 7 of my lights. He was able to hang a few LED's to light the performer and all was good.

And that's what it took to get the upgrade approved. A performer who refused to go on to a sold out room of 900 people. And that's how things get down around here. And probably other venues as well.
I am not sure how the Johnson Systems retrofit electronics upgrade will solve a "dimmer noise" problem. Care to elaborate?
Scott Hofmann

John L Nobile

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »

I am not sure how the Johnson Systems retrofit electronics upgrade will solve a "dimmer noise" problem. Care to elaborate?

One person thought it was a fan, another thought it was electrical. Replacing the fan would have been a lot cheaper and may have solved the problem but the 30 year old electronics that were covered in hazer fluid and dust as well as the 25 year old DMX-AMX converter concerned me.

The replacement went in on Monday and all is good now. Took my LD friend all of 20 minutes to swap it out.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »

Since the new electronics cage comes with new fans, looks like you are fixed up for another 20 years!
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.