Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

ULXD4Q, cascading 3 units

(1/4) > >>

Brian Adams:
I normally use a UA844 to distribute my antennas, but I have a rental going out this week (local high school theatre), and I need to squeeze 3 receivers into a 4 space rack. This means I'll have just enough room in there for either a Furman or a distro, but not both. I'd like to have the Furman in the rack to manage the power and keep things looking clean, but this would mean I'd have to cascade all 3 ULXD units. I know this is theoretically possible, and people have done it, but I've never cascaded more than the recommended 2 units. What are the real-world negative implications of cascading 3 units, and are the disadvantages great enough that I should avoid doing this?

Scott Helmke:
Are they all the same frequency band?  Generally the cascade outs are band-limited.

Brian Adams:

--- Quote from: Scott Helmke on November 06, 2019, 09:53:48 AM ---Are they all the same frequency band?  Generally the cascade outs are band-limited.

--- End quote ---

Yes, all of my ULXD is G50 band.

Aram Piligian:
I haven't noticed any significant ill effects in real-world use. If I were in a tough RF environment I might think twice, but for average uses with good antenna placement and SNR it seems fine.

Brian Adams:

--- Quote from: Aram Piligian on November 06, 2019, 12:19:07 PM ---I haven't noticed any significant ill effects in real-world use. If I were in a tough RF environment I might think twice, but for average uses with good antenna placement and SNR it seems fine.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Aram. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'd say this is an average environment, but I'll definitely be cautious in more challenging spaces. Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version