ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Business Health Insurance  (Read 1806 times)

Josh Dunaway

Small Business Health Insurance
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »

I am actively looking to make the jump to running my business Full time, leaving my current day job that provides my family with health insurance.  I have been exploring Health Insurance and finding it to be quiet expensive on my own.  Is there any AV Production group to buy wit or anything along those lines?  Any advice from other small business owners?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Small Business Health Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:34:25 PM »

I am actively looking to make the jump to running my business Full time, leaving my current day job that provides my family with health insurance.  I have been exploring Health Insurance and finding it to be quiet expensive on my own.  Is there any AV Production group to buy wit or anything along those lines?  Any advice from other small business owners?

I don't want to disuade you from pursuing your dream.  I would like nothing more than to dedicate 100% of my resources to the production company.  Insurance is one of the reasons I can't.  In fact I now have 2 full time employees I pay but still can't replace my salary and pay for insurance.

It's a double whammy because I am 56 years old.  Insurance that is not as good as the group plan the company I work for offers would be about $2200 a month.  Not only am I not getting the insurance now I have to pay for it. That's a net-net of $4400 a month.

What about savings and other benefits?

If you are in US do you realize you have to make up the other 1/2 of social security?

Do you have liability and property insurance for the production company?  How many real gigs do you do a year?  Real meaning not in a club gig. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »

not sure where they cover but https://www.freelancersunion.org/ is a great resource.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.