ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville Synergy top, any thoughts ?  (Read 2363 times)

Renard Hurtado

Yorkville Synergy top, any thoughts ?
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »

Hi All,

Anyone heard these live ?

Regards !

Renard from Curacao

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: Yorkville Synergy top, any thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »

if you're talking about the Tom Danley designed Yorkville cabinet cu15 with their synergy horn it has the mids and the high drivers physically aligned 60 by 60 horn they sounded really good even when pushed hard
You need to make sure you're using the processor for them also
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »

if you're talking about the Tom Danley designed Yorkville cabinet cu15 with their synergy horn it has the mids and the high drivers physically aligned 60 by 60 horn they sounded really good even when pushed hard

I think he's talking about these.  They're new to the market and I have yet to see or hear them in the wild.  They're big, heavy, and expensive by Yorkville standards and I'm curious as to the market demographic being targeted by the product line.  As far as the older U15 and other Unity Series boxes, they're still great!  I have 6 U15 tops and 6 UCS1 subs that see regular use.  While good sound doesn't go bad, they're very hard to come by new these days and can be outmatched by smaller, modern offerings (albeit at a premium price). 

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:10:35 PM »

Some discussion from earlier in 2019.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,169912.0.html

Hi All,

Anyone heard these live ?

Regards !

Renard from Curacao

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »

Just to set the record straight.  Tom did not design the Yorkville cabinets.

Yorkville was licensed to use the technology to do with as they pleased.

Yes the concept, patent etc was Toms, but the design was Yorkvilles.

The older Yorkville cabinet was not under the Synergy patent, but rather the Unity patent.

The Synergy horn is a improved version of the Unity,
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Rory Buszka

• Gearmonger
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

I think he's talking about these.  They're new to the market and I have yet to see or hear them in the wild.  They're big, heavy, and expensive by Yorkville standards and I'm curious as to the market demographic being targeted by the product line.  As far as the older U15 and other Unity Series boxes, they're still great!  I have 6 U15 tops and 6 UCS1 subs that see regular use.  While good sound doesn't go bad, they're very hard to come by new these days and can be outmatched by smaller, modern offerings (albeit at a premium price).

When I saw these, considering how the mid-high cabinets can be coupled top to top to make a continous horn, I wonder if these would be in any way a credible alternative to the KF750. They seem to be missing the fly track, any sort of bumpers or flying accessories, and foam-backed grilles (the steel perf ones they have look a little lightweight), but they use the BMS coaxial compression driver on the Paraline lens, and enough of them together would create one big synergy horn while preserving the advantages of an acoustic point source.
Friends don't let friends mix a band from the stage.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »

They do appear to offer a bumper for an up to 12 cabinet hang.

From the website copy:

This is a 4 wide column flying bumper which can safely handle two SA153 and one SA315S cabinets in each column for a 12 cabinet max hang at a safety factor of 7:1. Speaker cabinets are easily connected to the flying bumper using the same SALOCKBAR used for connecting cabinets to each other, no additional rigging accessories are required.

http://yorkville.com/synergy/rigging/product/sabumper1/

When I saw these, considering how the mid-high cabinets can be coupled top to top to make a continous horn, I wonder if these would be in any way a credible alternative to the KF750. They seem to be missing the fly track, any sort of bumpers or flying accessories, and foam-backed grilles (the steel perf ones they have look a little lightweight), but they use the BMS coaxial compression driver on the Paraline lens, and enough of them together would create one big synergy horn while preserving the advantages of an acoustic point source.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.