ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IP Rated Outdoor Speakers  (Read 3526 times)

Josh Dunaway

IP Rated Outdoor Speakers
« on: November 03, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »

I'm specing out an install right now for a local restaurant, that has regular live music on on outdoor stage, and need recommendations for IP rated outdoor speakers- think K12 equivalent IP Rated. Passive I'm sure will be the way to go, but to give you an idea what size / output I need.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: IP Rated Outdoor Speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »

I'm specing out an install right now for a local restaurant, that has regular live music on on outdoor stage, and need recommendations for IP rated outdoor speakers- think K12 equivalent IP Rated. Passive I'm sure will be the way to go, but to give you an idea what size / output I need.

Many manufactures (I can't speak for QSC) offer outdoor rated speakers.  Electrovoice, Fulcrum Acoustics, Danley, JBL all offer the weatherized product at this level as custom shop items.  You may find products from other manufactures with IP ratings as standard...think Community R Series.   I would call up your dealer for whatever brand you like this week, and see if they can't get you more info.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:06:22 PM »

Danley Go2-8cx
Or Martin CDD series if on a budget
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Robert Healey

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »

You can get weather rated loudspeakers from all the major install product manufacturers. I believe that JBL provides several levels of IP ratings from their custom shop. I would also take a look at One Systems - they specialize in direct-weather loudspeakers.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »

You can get weather rated loudspeakers from all the major install product manufacturers. I believe that JBL provides several levels of IP ratings from their custom shop. I would also take a look at One Systems - they specialize in direct-weather loudspeakers.

Big +1 to One Systems.  Have heard them live and they sound good and hold up to Florida weather.  Also look into Technomad.  Both are popular with theme parks here in the Sunshine/Rain/Hurricane state.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »

Be careful with custom shop IP rated speakers (not just JBL) as often it also means custom brackets due to the increased thickness of the cabinet coatings.  Be sure you get all of the information and don't just assume that stock factory fittings/hardware will work.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 07:35:27 PM »

Josh the One Systems speakers are quite musical.  I’ve installed quite a few at stadiums for playback and announcements.  Consider the 112.HTH and 118.HSB sub for your application.  The Community I series (WR) are also quite impressive but will cost more.  They come in medium and high power versions.

ScottH

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »

I've used lots of One-Systems stuff over the years. Really hard to beat for the price and so far have been rock solid reliable.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »

Be careful with custom shop IP rated speakers (not just JBL) as often it also means custom brackets due to the increased thickness of the cabinet coatings.  Be sure you get all of the information and don't just assume that stock factory fittings/hardware will work.

Lee

Yes, got bit by this once. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »

Yes, got bit by this once.

You only do....once.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.