ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining Pixel Mapping and DMX  (Read 582 times)

Josh Rawls

Combining Pixel Mapping and DMX
« on: November 01, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »

If I have a RGBAW/UV fixture connected via Kling-Net how do I access the AW/UV elements? This fixture accepts DMX, Kling-Net, and Artnet but not more than one protocol at a time.

This is for an install where I plan on using a bunch of RGBAW/UV battens that are pixel mappable. The RGB would be used strictly for pixel mapping and the Amber and White would be used for general daytime lighting and the UV would need to be turned on or off independently of the pixel mapping and general lighting. I hope that makes sense.

Software is likely to be Onxy (ne M-PC) for DMX and LED Master for Pixel mapping. That software has been selected for a variety of reasons but Im not married to either software package if a better solution is out there.

The best solution I have come up with is to send 4 universes of Artnet from LED Master to Onyx and use the DMX Merge feature of Onyx to combine its own shows with the pixel mapping.

Any other ideas I may have missed? Anyone tried this feature in Onyx or M-PC? Did it work reliably?
Josh Rawls

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Combining Pixel Mapping and DMX
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 02:11:18 AM »

This fixture accepts DMX, Kling-Net, and Artnet but not more than one protocol at a time.

Hi Josh, I think you answered your question right there - if the fixtures dont accept more than one source of input at any given time (which is pretty standard), any mixing or merging you do will have to be upstream.  While I dont see anything inherently wrong with what you propose (though I dont have extensive experience with M-PC and its functionality in this type of application), Id have the tendency to prefer to keep everything in one software or controller.  I know that MagicQ has extensive pixel mapping capabilities...would this not do the job for you?  Good luck!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Combining Pixel Mapping and DMX
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 02:11:18 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.