ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS9-16 Dante Slot Power Issue  (Read 3393 times)

Chris Minnaar

Yamaha LS9-16 Dante Slot Power Issue
« on: October 26, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »

Hi, so in short... my LS9-16 console gives this error("Total slot power capability exceeded" photo attached) after updating my Dante-MY-16-AUD firmware. Updates was done to the point on updating instructions, ran through the versions with the specified firmware updater. Console software on v1.35, it was said that it is a clock issue, but changing clock settings does not resolve the issue. This also happened right after the 1st update to 3.4.0.6, the message came up, I proceeded to run through the rest of the versions in hope that it would resolve the problem but no luck. I also had no feedback from Yamaha itself. I wish to make use of my Dante since it cost a pretty penny so need to resolve this issue. It was also mentioned that the contacts could be dirty but nothing there.

Hope someone had this issue before and would be able to assist.

Steven Cohen

Re: Yamaha LS9-16 Dante Slot Power Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 02:51:59 PM »

I am not sure if this will be helpful but a similar bug was reported by Yamaha with a DM2000 and the Dante card,

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/dante_my16_firm3722.html

Hi, so in short... my LS9-16 console gives this error("Total slot power capability exceeded" photo attached) after updating my Dante-MY-16-AUD firmware. Updates was done to the point on updating instructions, ran through the versions with the specified firmware updater. Console software on v1.35, it was said that it is a clock issue, but changing clock settings does not resolve the issue. This also happened right after the 1st update to 3.4.0.6, the message came up, I proceeded to run through the rest of the versions in hope that it would resolve the problem but no luck. I also had no feedback from Yamaha itself. I wish to make use of my Dante since it cost a pretty penny so need to resolve this issue. It was also mentioned that the contacts could be dirty but nothing there.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 06:06:25 PM »

You will probably need to pursue this with Yamaha over the phone.  You only have 1 slot in the LS/9-16 and it should power any single card.

I'd remove the card, reboot the console, and then power down, replace the card and see if you get the same error.  If you do, it's "call Yammy" time.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

MikeHarris

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 02:04:57 AM »

Btw...it’s good to see new members who can actually read and follow the rules
His first post has his real name.

Chris Minnaar

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:27:07 AM »

Btw...it’s good to see new members who can actually read and follow the rules
His first post has his real name.

Actually had it wrong, but found the place to change my detail. :)

Chris Minnaar

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »

I am not sure if this will be helpful but a similar bug was reported by Yamaha with a DM2000 and the Dante card,

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/dante_my16_firm3722.html

Did see this as I followed the instructions and update versions to the point, sadly it did not resolve my issue. I do however think the problem lies with the card/firmware as my adat card works fine.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.