ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Meatspace  (Read 2764 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Meatspace
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »

To those who are not re-upping AES membership: There is a thing called "Life Member" where, if you are at least 65 years old and have paid membership for 25 years (recently changed so that non-consecutive is OK), you get free annual membership and free full-program admission to the Conventions but not Conferences. Forever.

So factor that into your thinking about whether it's worth it or not.

It was worth it when the Journal was printed and mailed.  I'm not yet 65 and I won't have had 25 years of membership until I'm 75 so for me that's not an incentive.  As I make my living in audio I figured joining the AES was a way of supporting my industry but now I'm not seeing it when the one thing AES does that would directly benefit me, I cannot participate in.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »

It was worth it when the Journal was printed and mailed.  I'm not yet 65 and I won't have had 25 years of membership until I'm 75 so for me that's not an incentive.  As I make my living in audio I figured joining the AES was a way of supporting my industry but now I'm not seeing it when the one thing AES does that would directly benefit me, I cannot participate in.
I am over 70 and probably check the 25 years box too, but meh... I didn't have time to read them when I was still a paying member. I actually paid to ship several decades of mine to somebody who said he would read them (made me feel a little better).

I am still disappointed about their less than enthusiastic response to my request for a proper definition of Q in peaking EQ... I ran out of energy to keep rolling that rock up the hill.

But at this point, I punt, somebody else's problem.

Tag you're it (not you, but ya'll)... 8)

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.