ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Current measurement tool for Lounge Level?  (Read 3416 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Current measurement tool for Lounge Level?
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »

If the problem was tripping breakers the question is "what else was on that circuit?"

No Kill-a-What? is going to tell you that and without opening the service panel you won't get your ammeter clamp around the wire to see what other loading may be on that circuit.

You can know everything about YOUR gear's current demands but unless you supply the distro and get a power tap, you don't know who or what is sharing your circuits.  This is why I went to tapping power long before it became fashionable... ;)

Tim - this is the best answer for most. Finding out what else is plugged into it is half the battle (actually, Knowing is Half the Battle™ but I digress); the remainder is something simple for the volunteers to understand how much power things draw (showmobile lights, PA, band gear) and to block off or plug in dummy cables to prevent the coffee maker from plugging in.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 10:29:11 PM »

Never heard of or thought about it myself. But dummies sounds like a great idea for the jobs where one can risk a tripped breaker caused by someone else that you. Great tip. "run in at half power max" just doesn't work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 10:29:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.