Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Any Soundgrid/Network wizards out there?

<< < (4/4)

Helge A Bentsen:
LiveProfessor is really nice, I use it a lot for reverbs.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on October 21, 2019, 07:33:52 pm ---That's all true, with a couple caveats: your round-trip latency will increase by an order of magnitude, and your reliability will suffer (SoundGrid servers don't cough the way general purpose computers do).

-Russ

--- End quote ---

This is for a broadcast mixer so latency isn't as much of a problem. And I will probably dedicate a computer just for this. Maybe a mac mini. I don't really do reverbs on my plugins. It's mostly dynamics and then some waves tune real time.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on October 21, 2019, 07:59:31 pm ---This is for a broadcast mixer so latency isn't as much of a problem. And I will probably dedicate a computer just for this. Maybe a mac mini. I don't really do reverbs on my plugins. It's mostly dynamics and then some waves tune real time.

--- End quote ---

I really think latency still will be a problem if you are adding processing to individual channel inserts.   If you use a Dante Accelerator card for the computer running your plugins that will help, but the latency hit with DVS is huge compared to soundgrid.   Before you sell off all the waves stuff,  I would try to figure out a way to test this setup, renting a Dante card maybe. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version