ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Architectural Lighting Options - with programming options?  (Read 1917 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Architectural Lighting Options - with programming options?
« on: October 18, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »

Curious if anyone here has dabbled in multi zone, LED outdoor lighting for homes.  Think permanent Christmas lights.  Tons of LED strip options from bulbs to led tape online, but am not finding much in regards to programming and software. 

There is a company near here that is called Jellyfish lighting that does installs, you can run the zones on your phone and change them to run programs based on the holiday, time of year, etc.  I cant seem to find what software/hardware solutions are leading the pack for this, but the option to program shows and never having to take down "holiday lights" is intriguing.  With there estimate, I feel the actual cost is probably half of that if I can source it and would fit in my budget to do such a thing.  Curious if anyone knows of a software/hardware solution, preferably that could run on a phone, use timers etc?

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Architectural Lighting Options - with programming options?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 12:09:09 AM »

Curious if anyone here has dabbled in multi zone, LED outdoor lighting for homes.  Think permanent Christmas lights.  Tons of LED strip options from bulbs to led tape online, but am not finding much in regards to programming and software. 

There is a company near here that is called Jellyfish lighting that does installs, you can run the zones on your phone and change them to run programs based on the holiday, time of year, etc.  I cant seem to find what software/hardware solutions are leading the pack for this, but the option to program shows and never having to take down "holiday lights" is intriguing.  With there estimate, I feel the actual cost is probably half of that if I can source it and would fit in my budget to do such a thing.  Curious if anyone knows of a software/hardware solution, preferably that could run on a phone, use timers etc?

If you're going permanent then you need to seriously think about how you're going to protect them from physical damage.  The people who do extensive holiday light installs end up replacing a lot of the lights each season.  There's probably code issues with leaving them up permanently too.  It all depends on what lighting product you use.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »

Look at Solid Apollo
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »

What level of control do you want?  sACN and DMX, with any common software controllers (Jands Vista, Martin M-PC, MA On-PC, etc) all work great if you're up for thoroughly learning the software programs and need individual fixture/color control. 

If you're just looking for basic control over zones - Lutron and most any of the common residential control options can do this. 

The company I'm at now does higher end home AVL projects - anytime outdoor colored LED are desired, the dividing line is control.  Basic control - the typical Lutron system with DMX module works OK.  Anything more advanced, such as programming to Christmas music with fine resolution - and one of the pro options above is needed. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.