ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I edit an SD11 (v760) file and edit the notes in my native language?  (Read 1496 times)

Miguel Dahl

Or will this crash the file or do something else funny to the file?

Can I do this in the offline editor?

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Can I edit an SD11 (v760) file and edit the notes in my native language?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:45:28 PM »

Or will this crash the file or do something else funny to the file?

Can I do this in the offline editor?

Are you talking about the snapshot notes?

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 08:08:14 AM »

Are you talking about the snapshot notes?

Yes I am.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »

Yes I am.

You’re going to be subject to the limitations of the keyboard and language installed (UK English IIRC) but beyond that if you can type it in it’ll be fine.  I highly doubt (though I’ve never had reason to check) that the Windows OS shipped with additional languages or keyboard layouts.  Character handling in modern computers (which is what a DiGiCo desk is) is pretty solid.  It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to enter something that’ll crash the system.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 09:43:28 AM »

You’re going to be subject to the limitations of the keyboard and language installed (UK English IIRC) but beyond that if you can type it in it’ll be fine.  I highly doubt (though I’ve never had reason to check) that the Windows OS shipped with additional languages or keyboard layouts.  Character handling in modern computers (which is what a DiGiCo desk is) is pretty solid.  It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to enter something that’ll crash the system.

Well in the offline editor I can write in my native language with the characters that involves, I was curious if there would be something fishy going on when importing that file back to the console, since my guess is too that my language is not in the OS of the console. As I understand the offline editor is exactly the same software as what's running on the console, but since I'm offline editing it my thought was that I got my local keyboard-language on my computer, which is not available on the console.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:46:47 AM by Miguel Dahl »

eytan gidron

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:18:31 PM »

Well in the offline editor I can write in my native language with the characters that involves, I was curious if there would be something fishy going on when importing that file back to the console, since my guess is too that my language is not in the OS of the console. As I understand the offline editor is exactly the same software as what's running on the console, but since I'm offline editing it my thought was that I got my local keyboard-language on my computer, which is not available on the console.

I doubt that the Windows installed in the console will have other fonts than English fonts. But, you can always try it out and see if it works. And if it doesn't work, just be prepared with another file which has English notes.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »

I doubt that the Windows installed in the console will have other fonts than English fonts. But, you can always try it out and see if it works. And if it doesn't work, just be prepared with another file which has English notes.

Yeah, I know. I'm starting a tour with the console and the file starting tomorrow, so that was sort of why I asked. Don't have time to mess things up, but it might be worth if I'd get a "no worries!" because my notes are just so strange to read, as a slight annoyance only though.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 05:10:57 PM »

Yeah, I know. I'm starting a tour with the console and the file starting tomorrow, so that was sort of why I asked. Don't have time to mess things up, but it might be worth if I'd get a "no worries!" because my notes are just so strange to read, as a slight annoyance only though.

Ask on the FB DiGiCo users group.  There's lots of experience there and quite a few non-native english speakers.  My guess would be that as long as you're not using a special character set your notes will show up just fine.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 05:10:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.