ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Huh. Alto discontinued their SXM112a.  (Read 3664 times)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Re: Huh. Alto discontinued their SXM112a.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »

I have some of the TFX122M-AN coming in tomorrow.
Hmmm... Looks interesting!
More power, and better looks from the audience side.
Anyone heard them?

Birch?  or...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:29:17 PM by frank kayser »

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »

...Birch?  or...

They are a plywood cabinet with plastic caps over the plywood on the ends. I also have some of the better TFM passive version in stock and pulled the cap off of my demo  cab to see what it looked like underneath.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 04:19:48 PM »

They are a plywood cabinet with plastic caps over the plywood on the ends. I also have some of the better TFM passive version in stock and pulled the cap off of my demo  cab to see what it looked like underneath.

I've got a few of these TFX112 in a couple different rooms I work in...  They're good at their price point, but have their limitations.  The plastic ends get scuffed easily, not a ton of low end, gets honky in the midrange, and my biggest pet peeve with this and other self-powered Turbosound products, they seem to be more susceptible to AC-power related noise and buzz than other self powered products I've used.

All that said, if your expectations are in line with their cost, you'll probably be quite satisfied.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 04:19:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.