ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: New X32?  (Read 18349 times)

Douglas R. Allen

New X32?
« on: October 11, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »

Starting to hear a lot over on Facebook about a new 4.00 firmware and also a new X32 desk.  Anyone hearing anything as far as a new X32?  I'm hearing 4.00 will remove the 8 channel block patching among other things.

Douglas R. Allen

Taylor Hall

Re: New X32?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:48:31 PM »

There's already a couple threads here and in the basement talking about both.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:31 PM »

Starting to hear a lot over on Facebook about a new 4.00 firmware and also a new X32 desk.  Anyone hearing anything as far as a new X32?  I'm hearing 4.00 will remove the 8 channel block patching among other things.
Yes, do keep up - the threads linked to above pretty much summarise anything that anyone is publicly aware of...

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »

Douglas R. Allen

I saw this as the "New X32 Thread" not bits and pieces.  It looks like the block of 8's is still there yet not sure what the "Patch Points" is.

Douglas R. Allen

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »

I saw this as the "New X32 Thread" not bits and pieces.  It looks like the block of 8's is still there yet not sure what the "Patch Points" is.

Douglas R. Allen

From what it appears, you still have the blocks of 8, but you get to define what's in the block of 8.  It's a good compromise, as if you had to configure each channel instead of blocks of 8, it would take longer to make most common configuration changes.
Brian Jojade

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »

From what I have seen and read, the blocks of 8 thing is now past-tense. They figured out a way to do it by making what is essentially a custom patch setting. In another window, you can configure what outputs exist in each block of 8. This is then saved as a user setting for that scene.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 04:45:10 AM »

Yes, that is correct.

You get a couple of input and output user blocks and each if them handles 8 sources/destinations.

They did it this way for two reasons; There is a hardware limitation with the current fpga so there is simply no room for a true 1:1 patch matrix. The other thing is that you don’t need to relearn the console if you don’t need the new routing capabilities. Your old blocks are still there. Best of both worlds if you ask me....

From what it appears, you still have the blocks of 8, but you get to define what's in the block of 8.  It's a good compromise, as if you had to configure each channel instead of blocks of 8, it would take longer to make most common configuration changes.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 05:52:06 AM »

Yes, that is correct.

You get a couple of input and output user blocks and each if them handles 8 sources/destinations.

They did it this way for two reasons; There is a hardware limitation with the current fpga so there is simply no room for a true 1:1 patch matrix. The other thing is that you don’t need to relearn the console if you don’t need the new routing capabilities. Your old blocks are still there. Best of both worlds if you ask me....

So if I understand this correctly a person could have 40/48 channels of stage boxes and mix down to any 38 of those. 32 plus 6 Aux remap. Maybe even having the Aux Remap not come down AES50 1-8 but each channel could be assigned from any stage box channel.  This would certainly open the desk up to better patching possibilities. I also wonder if this is just a precursor to a X48/M48. Time will tell I guess.

Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 07:42:22 AM »

With the new routing you can pull from multiple devices not possible before. Aux remap isstill there and can use the user blocks.

With the new routing I can assign an input user block to be:

Ch25. In27
Ch26. A46
Ch27. B23
Ch28. C18
Ch29. Aux6
Ch30. TB internal
Ch31. TB external
Ch32. In02

This while e.g. you still have assigned ch1-24 to be your sd16+sd8 on stage.

You can also do a similar thing with the output blocks giving you individual routing without the need to go via a channelstrip.

So if I understand this correctly a person could have 40/48 channels of stage boxes and mix down to any 38 of those. 32 plus 6 Aux remap. Maybe even having the Aux Remap not come down AES50 1-8 but each channel could be assigned from any stage box channel.  This would certainly open the desk up to better patching possibilities. I also wonder if this is just a precursor to a X48/M48. Time will tell I guess.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »

With the new routing you can pull from multiple devices not possible before. Aux remap isstill there and can use the user blocks.

With the new routing I can assign an input user block to be:

Ch25. In27
Ch26. A46
Ch27. B23
Ch28. C18
Ch29. Aux6
Ch30. TB internal
Ch31. TB external
Ch32. In02

This while e.g. you still have assigned ch1-24 to be your sd16+sd8 on stage.

You can also do a similar thing with the output blocks giving you individual routing without the need to go via a channelstrip.

Thank you. I believe I understand it now. Still have the blocks of 8 ( 6 blocks of 8 ) but from there the desk now has user blocks that take from those and assign in channel locations as needed. That certainly works for me!

Thanks again;
Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.