ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Streaming Cameras  (Read 252 times)

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
Live Streaming Cameras
« on: October 11, 2019, 03:56:20 pm »

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for professional live streaming cameras.
I work with a company which provide live streaming services for churches. We currently use AXIS CCTV cameras for our streaming. P1367 models for static single shot options, and V5915 cameras for churches who require PTZ functions.
We are currently looking at alternatives to what we currently use.
What we are looking for is a good quality camera that can be permanently mounted at the rear of the church. The camera needs to be able to stream over RTSP, with AAC audio encoding. PoE powered would be preferable. And a flexible mounting system. Sometimes we mount the cameras on the face of the gallery, sometimes hanging down from underneath the gallery.

Budget for the static cameras would be 500-700, and 1200-1500 for the PTZ versions.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Caleb Dueck

Re: Live Streaming Cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 02:17:23 pm »

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for professional live streaming cameras.
I work with a company which provide live streaming services for churches. We currently use AXIS CCTV cameras for our streaming. P1367 models for static single shot options, and V5915 cameras for churches who require PTZ functions.
We are currently looking at alternatives to what we currently use.
What we are looking for is a good quality camera that can be permanently mounted at the rear of the church. The camera needs to be able to stream over RTSP, with AAC audio encoding. PoE powered would be preferable. And a flexible mounting system. Sometimes we mount the cameras on the face of the gallery, sometimes hanging down from underneath the gallery.

Budget for the static cameras would be 500-700, and 1200-1500 for the PTZ versions.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Which is it, a budget limit and whatever fits under that, or a capabilities match and then budget follows that?

What/how are you controlling the PTZ cameras? A computer recalling static presets, or a PTZ live production controller?

The cheapest PTZ cameras I've used were from PTZ Optics, the better ones are "OK" and are around $2k USD.  The better ones were Panasonic HE-130, $8k-ish (?) each USD. 

We use Axis cameras at my current job for surveillance systems. Compared to live production cameras - they are very low cost but not in the same league. 

Another option for fixed cameras is Marshall.  The CV-5xx are pretty good for the price. 

Live production to me means 3G-SDI from the cameras back to the video switcher, control from camera controller to cameras, then the final mix has audio downmix embedded, then encoded and sent to the web or wherever. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 04:47:15 am »

Which is it, a budget limit and whatever fits under that, or a capabilities match and then budget follows that?

What/how are you controlling the PTZ cameras? A computer recalling static presets, or a PTZ live production controller?

The cheapest PTZ cameras I've used were from PTZ Optics, the better ones are "OK" and are around $2k USD.  The better ones were Panasonic HE-130, $8k-ish (?) each USD. 

We use Axis cameras at my current job for surveillance systems. Compared to live production cameras - they are very low cost but not in the same league. 

Another option for fixed cameras is Marshall.  The CV-5xx are pretty good for the price. 

Live production to me means 3G-SDI from the cameras back to the video switcher, control from camera controller to cameras, then the final mix has audio downmix embedded, then encoded and sent to the web or wherever.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the PTZOptics stuff alright.

For the PTZ preset recall, we use a computer to recall the presets.
We try and provide a simple, "idiot-proof" setup to churches where they have to do nothing. The cameras run 24/7, and it is only ever a single camera in the church. Currently we just take the RTSP feed from the AXIS cameras directly to our server. We give the cameras a direct feed from the church PA system. If possible, we would like to keep this simple style approach.

I will look more into the PTZOptics gear. It looks like it may fit the bill.

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 04:47:15 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 24 queries.