ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT20-CXA opinions?  (Read 5665 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: RCF TT20-CXA opinions?
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »

For vocals i usually make small cuts at 240, 1200 and 8k Hz.

Nick Andrews

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »

Well, I just ordered up 3 tt20's and 2 tt25's, will see how they work out on the big band shows I have coming up.

Your gonna love them , get them placed in the rejection zones of whatever mics you use and they are so stable it's scary, with the tt25cxa I usually make a notch at 4k and highpass them to taste with 58 and b58a.. and that's about it. Tt20 a little cut at like 8k and 10k and a high pass depending on room and mic / singer a little off the low mids 200hz area.... that's Bout it.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:56:30 PM by Nick Andrews »

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »

Forgot: This is with 935 and use highpass to taste (usually around 120-170Hz), and moderate volume, on smaller stages.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 01:14:12 PM »

Forgot: This is with 935 and use highpass to taste (usually around 120-170Hz), and moderate volume, on smaller stages.

I stocked my locker with 935s and 945s last year. Talk about a mic that makes life easy.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »

Your gonna love them . . .

Well my RCF shipment just came in and wow, love the size and the sound of the TT20's. You are spot on about the tt20cxa running out of low end pretty quick, but I think there's enough there to do the job on stage. The clarity and sound of these little boxes is just  stellar and man are they loud. Vocals really cut through the mix, too.

Listening to recordings, the bass guitar was dominating the low end, but I put on White Stripes and as soon as the bass was out of these wedges, the kick comes through just fine.

I'll have to drag one of the 25's out in a bit.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

Nick Andrews

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 05:10:47 PM »

Well my RCF shipment just came in and wow, love the size and the sound of the TT20's. You are spot on about the tt20cxa running out of low end pretty quick, but I think there's enough there to do the job on stage. The clarity and sound of these little boxes is just  stellar and man are they loud. Vocals really cut through the mix, too.

Listening to recordings, the bass guitar was dominating the low end, but I put on White Stripes and as soon as the bass was out of these wedges, the kick comes through just fine.

I'll have to drag one of the 25's out in a bit.

Awesome ! Your gonna love them , really fantastic vocal monitors and the tt25cxa is just an amazing box , and amazing size , very very compact and light for a 15 inch wedge with that kind of output.

Cheers

Nick

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »

Awesome ! Your gonna love them , really fantastic vocal monitors and the tt25cxa is just an amazing box , and amazing size , very very compact and light for a 15 inch wedge with that kind of output.

Cheers

Nick

The 20s were at the top of the pallet, the 25's are at the bottom. They're going to have to wait a bit to get heard.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 01:45:08 PM »

OK, I finally unboxed everything last night and had time to play with some new gear. I just listed to some music through all these new boxes and here's my thoughts:

TT25-CXA - wow, impressive box. Great sound and easily loud enough to be used as mains with the subs I purchased. Everything sounds great in full range coming off this box and it gets uncomfortably loud in a hurry. I also discovered that I can fit four TT25's with covers into a half-caddy case so no need for custom cases.

TT20-CXA - Studio monitor clarity in the vocal range. Really amazing, even better than the 25. Not a ton of output in the lower octaves. Struggled on stuff with a bass guitar. With just KSH running through it though, intro to Superstition (Stevie Wonder) the kick comes through enough to get the job done. I'm sure with a bit of EQ everything will be great. Did I mention how good vocals sound on this thing?

TTS15-A Everything about these is impressive. Truck pack dimension on the box, front mount dolly board, padded cover, so much better to handle than the Turbosond subs I recently got rid of. Playing music through these you could hear every note on the bass guitar along with slap sounds and everything else that should be there. Played Joy (Phish( through this with the TT20-CXA as a top and was floored by the sound. Really looking forward to working with these. Just a well though out, great sounding box.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:24:12 AM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 01:45:08 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.