ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Si Impact Visi remote ipad app - meters freezing up  (Read 8818 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Soundcraft Si Impact Visi remote ipad app - meters freezing up
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 11:20:17 PM »

The functional difference between the stageboxes is the outs.

If you can take advantage of the 8 AES outs along with the 8 analog outs, the 32r is for you.
If you don't have any AES stuff, the 12 outs on the 32i make more sense.

I have both and use them with different setups.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Joris Jans2

• Vester Theater Techniek
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:59 AM »

I'v been using the Visi remote app to remotely control the Si impact. Works fine until after about 15 minutes the meter displays freeze. The fader controls keep working, which means for the most part I can still limp through the show with it. But - is this a common problem with the remote? Is there something that needs to be changed in the settings somewhere? The manual is useless for setup of the router and ipad. Doggone shame because otherwise I have no other complaints about this board. Any kind of bug fix for this - on the router or the tablet? Or with Soundcraft?
this is a much heard problem when mixing more then 32 inputs on the impact with IPad app. if you don't need more then 32 input you can revert to V1.4 firmware, or just take it as it is

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 06:14:17 PM »

I'v been using the Visi remote app to remotely control the Si impact. Works fine until after about 15 minutes the meter displays freeze. The fader controls keep working, which means for the most part I can still limp through the show with it.

I haven't experience this but, just so I'm clear, do the meters freeze on the Console AND the App or just the App?  If the latter, how long does a reboot take - and, is there any Impact (pun also intended) on the audio?

I, too, wish Soundcraft would port over the Ui software to the Expression/Impact family.  But, it's probably a square peg / round hole situation.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

John Lackner

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:20 PM »

I haven't experience this but, just so I'm clear, do the meters freeze on the Console AND the App or just the App?  If the latter, how long does a reboot take - and, is there any Impact (pun also intended) on the audio?

I, too, wish Soundcraft would port over the Ui software to the Expression/Impact family.  But, it's probably a square peg / round hole situation.

Dave

The meter problems are only on the app. Same thing after a reboot. Audio doesn't change. Faders on the app keep working. The  console is unaffected. But I'm thinking DANG! One of the main reasons I went digital is for remote control!
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

John Lackner

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »

this is a much heard problem when mixing more then 32 inputs on the impact with IPad app. if you don't need more then 32 input you can revert to V1.4 firmware, or just take it as it is

I'll try going backwards on the firmware updates. Hmmm - I never knew it was possible to go backwards on firmware. I'll see if that fixes it.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

Michael Abernethy

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 05:13:52 AM »

I'll try going backwards on the firmware updates. Hmmm - I never knew it was possible to go backwards on firmware. I'll see if that fixes it.

Incase anyone hasn't seen it, for all the soundcraft impact users they have just released v2.0 build 12 and it looks like its fixed the crashing iPad app meters!!! I haven't used it on a gig yet so hopefully it is well and truly sorted.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »

Incase anyone hasn't seen it, for all the soundcraft impact users they have just released v2.0 build 12 and it looks like its fixed the crashing iPad app meters!!! I haven't used it on a gig yet so hopefully it is well and truly sorted.
It's been out a month or so.  Primarily a bug fix.
Mixing Station is out for the Si series and has a lot of flexibility that ViSi doesn't.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John Schalk

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 02:19:10 PM »

It's been out a month or so.  Primarily a bug fix.
Mixing Station is out for the Si series and has a lot of flexibility that ViSi doesn't.
I see a new build for my Performer 2 was released too.  I'm going to install it and see if that fixes my connectivity issues to Mixing Station.  I cannot get Mixing Station to talk to my desk :(

Christopher Irwin

• Los Angles/Orange County, California
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »

Are the new ones better than the original ones with AES outputs?  I had not heard that and was going to go with the older model since my amps take AES in.

I believe that the only (?) differences are in the physical outputs, the paint job, the ethercon ports are now part of the chassis instead of a card AND most importantly the new "i" version does not come with the MADI option card for the console - you have to purchase it separately.  I purposely am still buying the original "R" version so that I can have the AES ports and am happy to have it come with the card for the console. 

FYI, the one I got last year, came with the "newer" card that is split 32channels Ethercon (digital snake) and 32channels USB for virtual soundcheck/multi-track recording - I didn't expect this, but was pleasantly surprised, since I preferred that functionality over just a redundant/backup ethercon port which shipped with my first stagebox probably 8-10 years ago.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.