ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL5 & CL5 USB Issues  (Read 3175 times)

Melissa Murphy

Yamaha CL5 & CL5 USB Issues
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:01:05 PM »

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha CL5 and CL3.. we record every event via USB and have had issues recently with them in both venues.  We will get halfway through a show and an error will pop up that says "USB Error" and the recording will stop.  You can unplug the USB and plug back in and it will allow you to start recording again..

using an empty  60 gig jump drive, formatted from the console, nothing has changed recently but both consoles are throwing the error randomly..  Help?  :'(

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: Yamaha CL5 & CL5 USB Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha CL5 and CL3.. we record every event via USB and have had issues recently with them in both venues.  We will get halfway through a show and an error will pop up that says "USB Error" and the recording will stop.  You can unplug the USB and plug back in and it will allow you to start recording again..

Your biggest issue right now is she has to have to use your real full name to participate in the forums and get any advice and or help
using an empty  60 gig jump drive, formatted from the console, nothing has changed recently but both consoles are throwing the error randomly..  Help?  :'(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:00:04 PM by Mac Kerr »
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Leland Green

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »

Hi All,

The maximum USB size is 16GB. I've heard of people using larger drives, but results varied depending on the brand. I would start with the brands on this list if you need a drive over 16GB.

https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/322610/tested_usb_flash_memory_list_for_m7cl_ls9_cl_ql_series_en.pdf
Leland Green
Training Manager, Technical Marketing Group
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.