ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bassboss Quad 21" Sub  (Read 10486 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Re: Bassboss Quad 21" Sub
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 07:49:49 PM »

460 pounds of fun, did you hear the demo you mentioned last October?

460lbs OMG, what a behemouth.  Fine for an install, but would never ever on my lift gate.  :)

Way back in the day the first gen 1 DJ system had a pair of Altec A4's in it - those are rated at 395 lbs empty, add the 2205's and now it's 445 lbs each.

No more of that - my stuff is all single 18's and piled up as required.

Bet those SOB's will belt out the thunder!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:58:56 PM by Steve-White »

Taylor Hall

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »

460lbs OMG, what a behemouth. 
I mean, a BC415 is 40lb heavier ;)
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:52 AM »

500 lbs is not exactly heavy IF the work you do is in places and for clients that understand professional production is carted by tractor-trailer rigs.  A cart of 4 L'Acoustics K-1 is over 1000 lbs.  A half-pack caddy full of feeder?  A cart full of stage decks?  "Here comes 2000+ lbs of *fuck you up* so don't get in the way...

The calculus here is about what factors take precedence in YOUR situation.  If you're doing gigs in 5th floor walk ups, then the Bassboss or BC415 isn't on your list, no matter how much you might need the output or LF extension.  If you're doing gigs in venues with local crew and loading docks, things change, you don't need a big stack of single driver subwoofers.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 01:25:28 AM »

500 lbs is not exactly heavy IF the work you do is in places and for clients that understand professional production is carted by tractor-trailer rigs.  A cart of 4 L'Acoustics K-1 is over 1000 lbs.  A half-pack caddy full of feeder?  A cart full of stage decks?  "Here comes 2000+ lbs of *fuck you up* so don't get in the way...

The calculus here is about what factors take precedence in YOUR situation.  If you're doing gigs in 5th floor walk ups, then the Bassboss or BC415 isn't on your list, no matter how much you might need the output or LF extension.  If you're doing gigs in venues with local crew and loading docks, things change, you don't need a big stack of single driver subwoofers.

When those of us like me that somehow slithered out of the lounge gigs the first time I got to stand there with my truck backed up to a loading dock, with union stagehands and a forklift I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 09:43:37 AM »

When those of us like me that somehow slithered out of the lounge gigs the first time I got to stand there with my truck backed up to a loading dock, with union stagehands and a forklift I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Same here - I got the experience of working with IATSE stage hands and standing on the floor of a 10,000 seat arena the same day.  Those guys knew it was my "first" time and they were great to work with.  I had about 1/4 of the system I needed, but got it done and got paid.  What a learning curve.  That room looked much larger from the floor that day than it did from the seats where I had watched many shows.  :)

Taylor Hall

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »

Great feeling for sure. We're gearing up to have a lot more of those this year, exciting times!
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.