ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Williams DigiWave wireless intercoms?  (Read 4149 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Anyone using Williams DigiWave wireless intercoms?
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »

I see they're about to come out with a 400 series. Other than the non-locking headphone connector, they look interesting. Anyone have any experience with these?

My church uses the DLT300 system and i hate it.  Controls are weird and non-intuitive.  Sound quality is very poor.  And this is using the Williams headsets provided with the system.  They get used primarily for cameras and the couple of times i've switched video [i know don't hate...] i've found them almost unusable.  i can't believe the tech crew have put up with them for so long.

Perhaps if it was setup differently?  I don't know.  But as it is i'd rather have two cans and a string.  It'd sound better....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

My church uses the DLT300 system and i hate it.  Controls are weird and non-intuitive.  Sound quality is very poor.  And this is using the Williams headsets provided with the system.  They get used primarily for cameras and the couple of times i've switched video [i know don't hate...] i've found them almost unusable.  i can't believe the tech crew have put up with them for so long.

Perhaps if it was setup differently?  I don't know.  But as it is i'd rather have two cans and a string.  It'd sound better....
That's the information I was looking for. Thanks, Brian.
It's too bad, but I guess so far there really isn't any "free lunches" in the world of wireless COM. Still seems like this stuff should not be as expensive as it is, with the low bandwidth and latency that most systems have. A really cheap IEM and wireless mic can perform as well as most wireless COM, so it still seems like COM manufacturers are charging what they do "because they can" (for the simplest systems like the DX210/410 - which sound terrible BTW...)
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.