ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Mini not recognizing more than two displays?  (Read 2922 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Mac Mini not recognizing more than two displays?
« on: October 06, 2019, 02:44:41 PM »

Since January, my normal media setup at church haas been a 2018 Mac Mini configured with 3 displays-2 identical HD displays (1920 X1020) with an Epson projector as the third.  One display is main, one is used for a Propresntor window and the projectors use is obvious.  I am  using HDMI to connect to all three.  This was a very simple plug and play setup that has worked flawlessly until this morning.

Now, the Mini will recognize 2 displays-any two, but only two.  I checked and rechecked cables, rebooted, etc.  My final troubleshooting attempt:

Plug all three displays in and reboot. It boots up seeing the "Propresentor" display and the projector-it does not recognize the "main" display. I manually told it to "detect displays" with no change.  Without touching anything else, I unplugged the HDMI cable from the "ProPresenter" display, which is showing the desktop.  Obviously, desktop disappears -and after a few seconds, it sees the "main" display and the desktop appears there.

No, I have not updated to Catalina.  Yes, the specs say this will support 3 displays (at up to 4K resolution-I'm only at HD).

What to try next?  Nothing comes up on searches-maybe I'm using the wrong terms?
Steve Swaffer

Jordan Wolf

Re: Mac Mini not recognizing more than two displays?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:15:12 AM »

You could try resetting the SCM or NVRAM/PRAM.

Display funkiness that is unrelated to adapter or modifier issues can stem from either.

A quick G00gle search will get you the steps for your specific model.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »

Sorry, I didn't get back sooner.  Troubleshooting 101-check what changed-also have someone else double check what you checked.  A cable had come disconnected-I plugged it into the adapter it was laying next to-but it needed to go into the HDMI on the Mini.  he on-board video only supports 2 displays on adapters and one connected to the HDMI to get to 3.
Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.