ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual instruments?  (Read 1266 times)

Erin Bloke

Virtual instruments?
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »

What do people use as their virtual instrument software? Chordpulse, Bandora, or Band in a Box? (Or something else?)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Virtual instruments?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 11:45:42 PM »

What do people use as their virtual instrument software? Chordpulse, Bandora, or Band in a Box? (Or something else?)
I dunno.
I mix live bands.  8)
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 02:02:22 AM »

We're using Ableton on my current show. We've had some issue with it.

I've done a bunch of symphony shows where the synth parts were in Kontakt, and there's another one that is popular for pit orchestras which i can't remember right off hand.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Mal Brown

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 10:57:26 AM »

I see ableton frequently.  Usually in a rack, triggered by the drummer. Done in moderation OK.  I do one band annually that has th majority of their sound coming down the line from Trax.  These guys are multiple k bucks per night...  so things are done well.    They spend most of their time on choreography.  Crowds eat it up.  I personally find it a snore.  They did TCB from BTO as an encore. Just for fun I muted the guitar on the mid song.  Even that stupid guitar part was in the tracks.

I get it.  It’s entertainment and they deliver .... I just want a shower soon after for the sin of facilitating...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:02:54 AM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »

I see ableton frequently.  Usually in a rack, triggered by the drummer. Done in moderation OK.  I do one band annually that has th majority of their sound coming down the line from Trax.  These guys are multiple k bucks per night...  so things are done well.    They spend most of their time on choreography.  Crowds eat it up.  I personally find it a snore.  They did TCB from BTO as an encore. Just for fun I muted the guitar on the mid song.  Even that stupid guitar part was in the tracks.

I get it.  It’s entertainment and they deliver .... I just want a shower soon after for the sin of facilitating...
Some thing just don't scrub off, Mal.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Daniel Levi

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »

It was one of the jokes in Depeche Mode (as told by OMD) that they would switch Fletch's keyboard off and there was no difference as when he did play he would go wrong all the time.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »

Something I've though about regarding the difference between acoustic and electronic instruments:

With acoustic instruments (i.e., a live band or an orchestra), there is potential for multiple instruments to resonate sympathetically, such that the sounds blend constructively.

But with electronic instruments, there is no mechanism for feedback from the environment to generate sympathetic resonance, so you have the potential for both constructive and destructive interference.

And that, I think, is partly why live acoustic music always seems to sound a little smoother, a little less harsh, than synthesized music.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.