ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fogger/Hazer  (Read 4411 times)

Len Zenith Jr

Re: Fogger/Hazer
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »

So with dmx controls I can set a channel and a slow release? 

Yes but with a hazer dmx control is useful if your hazer is away from the person running the lighting board or on a truss. If the hazer is right next to you it is usually more convenient to just reach down and turn the output knob manually. Hazers are more of a set it and forget it tool, you just have to adjust to the rooms air exchange rate and then you usually don't touch it again until the show is over.

If you’re in a cigar bar you might not need to add your own haze at all!  Good luck!

Very true! Hazers only really became a neccessity in bars when smoking regs came in. Before that the room was always hazed!

Rick Powell

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »

Thank you everyone for the replies.  I’m mostly looking to enhance lighting and not be overboard.  Sounds like water based hazer is the choice.  So with dmx controls I can set a channel and a slow release?  We play a cigar bar with bad ventilation so I think I’ll be ok using it there at the very least.

We just bought a H4 hazer (water based) from Froggy's Fog and impressed with the build and ease of use as compared to the Chauvet Hurricane 2D (also water based) we previously owned that was a maintenance headache, leaked hazer fluid, and was very temperamental in getting to work (can't recommend). Froggy's budget model, the H2 is still above your budget at $450. Their DMX control (which is probably typical in this range) controls fan speed and haze output with no "intermittent" function, although you can get intermittent time and duration if setting from the in-unit LCD control panel.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:17:31 PM by Rick Powell »

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 11:26:57 PM »

Re: oil-based haze. I recently bought a used pair of moving headn't fixtures that at some point in their life were used in an oil-based haze enviroment. They were coated with a sticky layer of built-up almost rubbery crud that took 10-12 hours each of vigorous hand scrubbing and rubbing with WD-40 and red shop rags to clean off. Ick. (They did finally clean up nicely, even to my OCD standards, but they were a royal PITA.)

Oil-based haze also causes health issues for performers exposed daily (nightly) to the haze. Actor's Equity union won't allow anything but water-based haze in Broadway and off-Broadway shows due to the health hazard.  YMMV.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

danse en lorraine

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »

Hello,

I write to you from France.
In fact I work from time to time in a theater where they use an Antari HZ 400.
This gives you good results.

For my part, I wanted to avoid going on an oil-based machine, and I bought on a UNIQUE LOOK 2.1, (which does not use it) and which is in a good price range.
Only big problems after multiple tests, with and without fans, and even with fan overpowering, looking for multiple settings and also moving the machine in several directions and places, and trying with other directors, but nothing good.

So I come back to an Antari HZ 400.
I could see Antari recently a new product. HZL-5W that seems close to the HZL-5 ....
Have you tried this new product? In what way as a machine?

Thanks for your help.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.