ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Avantis - A&H Completing the Trilogy: SQ, dLive, ???  (Read 19246 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: A&H Completing the Trilogy: SQ, dLive, ???
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »

Is TransAmerica America still the USA distributor?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

MikeHarris

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 02:55:34 AM »

Is TransAmerica America still the USA distributor?

American Music & Sound..under umbrella name Jam Industries is US distributor.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »

Gah!  Just as I added an SQ to the collection!

Can't imagine you're disappointed with an SQ...

Best regards,

John

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »

Note: I am not a direct dealer nor do I have inside knowledge.

-----------

In general, I am pleased and curious.

I imagine GLD2.0 will have two card slots, split fader banks, some more buttons/knobs, 72ish channels, configurable busses (~32 of them).

SQ has a good way to go before it can replace QU IMO...they've just developed too much software and features specifically for that series of consoles.
When they say completing the trio, I believe they mean using the same XCVI core engine.

Basically it will put itself in the exact middle between dLive and SQ. Priced around 8k. SQ is 4k, dLive C-class is 20k, S-Class is easily over 30K.

Posed to compete in that upper market which is quite scarce IMO (QL, Presonus, DiGiCo S21/31, etc).

------------

As it stands, A&H seems to be winning the console wars IMO. Not that they're perfect, but they have a lot going for them.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »

Basically it will put itself in the exact middle between dLive and SQ. Priced around 8k. SQ is 4k, dLive C-class is 20k, S-Class is easily over 30K.

For what it's worth, you can get a CDM32 mixrack (32 in, 16 out, 1 slot) and a C2500 surface (20 faders. 1 screen, 1 slot) for about $13k. So far as I know the only material differences between the S and C series are dual-redundant power supplies and more I/O slots in the S. The S surfaces have a few more knobs, too.

I'm no marketeer but I think I get it. High margins from folks who need "the best", and volume from the rest of us who might not have been expecting to spend quite that much but stretched when we saw just how nice this thing is. It strikes a great balance between flexibility and ease of use, and is a physically solid piece of gear. And we feel the halo of the S class.

The only thing that worries me about dLive right now is the lack of air filters. You look in through that big fan hole and RIGHT THERE there is uncoated circuit board covered with 100s of fly-shit size components. But so far that's just Frank the engineer's wild imagination for problems  ::)

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Art Nadelman

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »

Note: I am not a direct dealer nor do I have inside knowledge.

-----------

Posed to compete in that upper market which is quite scarce IMO (QL, Presonus, DiGiCo S21/31, etc).

As you know, Nathan, I AM a dealer, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to new product announcements, as we learn about new products the same as you do.

It's interesting that you mention the DiGiCo S21/S31.  I'm betting that this will be the A&H version of just that board (as they are sister companies and share a lot of engineering).

But again, that's just my speculation.

Art

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »

For what it's worth, you can get a CDM32 mixrack (32 in, 16 out, 1 slot) and a C2500 surface (20 faders. 1 screen, 1 slot) for about $13k. So far as I know the only material differences between the S and C series are dual-redundant power supplies and more I/O slots in the S. The S surfaces have a few more knobs, too.

I'm no marketeer but I think I get it. High margins from folks who need "the best", and volume from the rest of us who might not have been expecting to spend quite that much but stretched when we saw just how nice this thing is. It strikes a great balance between flexibility and ease of use, and is a physically solid piece of gear. And we feel the halo of the S class.

The only thing that worries me about dLive right now is the lack of air filters. You look in through that big fan hole and RIGHT THERE there is uncoated circuit board covered with 100s of fly-shit size components. But so far that's just Frank the engineer's wild imagination for problems  ::)

--Frank

I mentioned MAP pricing to be safe, sure you can get it for less from a good dealer...hi Art! :) But I don't think you can get new for $13k.

FWIW, I've seen images of dLive being used 24/7 at burning man. The owner/company was very happy with not exposing a 'console' (faders, knobs, etc) to the fine dust out there. dLive performed flawlessly he says.

As you know, Nathan, I AM a dealer, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to new product announcements, as we learn about new products the same as you do.

It's interesting that you mention the DiGiCo S21/S31.  I'm betting that this will be the A&H version of just that board (as they are sister companies and share a lot of engineering).

But again, that's just my speculation.

Art

Oh gosh, I hope not. S21/31 suck by all imaginations. It is absurdly slow to navigate that console via touchscreen only (what few knobs that exist are basically useless).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:09:53 AM by Nathan Riddle »
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 11:20:26 AM »

FWIW, I've seen images of dLive being used 24/7 at burning man. The owner/company was very happy with not exposing a 'console' (faders, knobs, etc) to the fine dust out there. dLive performed flawlessly he says.

Maybe they do have a conformal coating on those boards? It must be pretty thin because I can't see it. The Black Rock dust is nasty -- alkaline and corrosive. The underside of my truck never looked the same after a few days there. -F
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Scott Slater

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »

I would like to see 12 FX engines, and 12 Dyn8 processors added to this new console.  They don't want to step on the toes of potential dLive sales, but at the same time this new console also needs to stand above the SQ series which has already set a pretty high standard.

Thomas Le

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »

Hopefully they release an offline editor and iPad app on launch... One can only hope.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.