ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultimate Support TS100B Too much pressure?  (Read 3152 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Ultimate Support TS100B Too much pressure?
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »

I have 4 or the 110-BL stands.  Taller, gas lift and leveling leg.  Love ‘em.  The leveling leg is very useful.  They see a lot of use.  I wonder if the extra length makes the gas lift portion easier to deal with as mine come down with just a little encouragement with a K12 mounted.  Yes I have to tug, but not the kind of effort I read above.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 01:08:51 PM »

$35 for 2 new gas assist stands - SCORE!!

I still had to pay for the stands, which was back in March. So yes, I have 2 new stands but they were the original cost plus the $35. While I'm happy that this is resolved, I wouldn't call it a score.

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »

I have these as well with the same problems, mine had clamps tightened with the typical butterfly knob. After one year mine were all stripped and wouldn't hold. I contacted Ultimate and they sent new knobs at no charge. That's a few years ago and all has been well since. I also have experienced how nearly impossible it is to lower the stand with no weight on it, for a while I tried storing them fully extended figuring that the only time they needed to be compressed was during transport. I like the stands a lot overall though.

My clamps were in perfect, brand new condition. The problem was too much pressure in the hydraulic piston. The new units they sent me have the correct pressure. I can lower them without a speaker, turn the clamp, and they stay lowered.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 06:10:46 PM »

I still had to pay for the stands, which was back in March. So yes, I have 2 new stands but they were the original cost plus the $35. While I'm happy that this is resolved, I wouldn't call it a score.

Compared to the alternative it was a score. 
Of course you would rather have not had the issue in the first place and NOT paid $35 to ship but thank goodness they looked after you because if you had had to replace yourself you would have paid a lot more than $35.
I have had a couple of issues with Hercules stands over the years but each time they have honored the lifetime warranty, they always  ship to me free of charge and if they require the old one returned, they issue a pre paid shipping label... so yes I agree it would be nicer if they had not charged you and absorbed the shipping cost.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ken Braziel

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »

Yeah I have a pair of these in storage with the stripped screws, good to know Ulitmate will send replacements, time to give that a try.

They are comically tall when fully extended btw.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.