ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL  (Read 67500 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL
« Reply #420 on: November 10, 2019, 07:58:27 PM »

Plans didn't go as intended this weekend...
We ended up using the PRX system instead fro the following reasons:
1) Neither venue was very big so it made more sense to use the smaller powered system.
2) I was a mess the last few days and sadly in no state of mind to go the Danley way and needed to keep things simple and quick. We visited our sick friend in California last weekend and while we were away, my little 13 year old dog Bella, became very sick very quickly and we are losing her to kidney failure.
I am devastated and wanted to leave the Danley experience till a happier time.

Sorry to hear about Bella. I lost one of my 10 year old Doxies "Lucy" not long ago to the same thing. Its always tough. Spend time with her if you can. There are things in life that just can't be changed or predict. I found out my wife has stage 4 breast cancer in late September that is in her spine, skull and ribs and a week later my father of 87 years pasted away. My fun shows are few at this moment and to be honest I've been passing them off to who I can. Perhaps spending too much time here to keep busy as she sleeps.  :-[ I can understand how it takes the drive out of shows. Life sometimes is not easy.

True love shows itself as hurt when a person or pet passes. It shows you truly cared.
Kindest Regards;
Douglas R. Allen

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #421 on: November 10, 2019, 08:20:20 PM »

True love shows itself as hurt when a person or pet passes. It shows you truly cared.

Nicely spoken

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #422 on: November 10, 2019, 09:04:23 PM »

My sincerest sympathies to you both.
..db

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2019, 12:37:10 AM »

Plans didn't go as intended this weekend...
We ended up using the PRX system instead fro the following reasons:
1) Neither venue was very big so it made more sense to use the smaller powered system.
2) I was a mess the last few days and sadly in no state of mind to go the Danley way and needed to keep things simple and quick. We visited our sick friend in California last weekend and while we were away, my little 13 year old dog Bella, became very sick very quickly and we are losing her to kidney failure.

So sorry Debbie - Thoughts and prayers
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John L Nobile

« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »

my little 13 year old dog Bella, became very sick very quickly and we are losing her to kidney failure.

Very sorry to hear that. It's very sad to lose a dog. They quickly become family. I've had 2 and I still miss them.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »

Thank you for all the kind words guys - I really appreciate that. I LOVE my 3 dogs and dread them getting old or sick.

My update on my little Bella - hopeful ....
We went to our scheduled appointment today and quite honestly after her decline this weekend, we feared the worst But the doctor and I are not giving up so I have returned home with a 1000ml bag of fluids. I am to administer 100ml per day for 10 days and then check her levels again. Home dialysis for doggies...
She had an anti nausea shot and 100ml fluids as well as her blood test - 3 sticks - and she was such little trooper. She hasn't eaten yet but I hope she does later....

Through all of this I did think of a PA question for you guys.
As you know, for the Danley system, I have chosen to use a 2 channel amp per side running stereo to be able to utilize the D snake as I did before with the SRX powered system. A lot of the shows will only require one sub but I still want to stick to stereo and keep the cabling tidy - nothing running across the stage. With the powered system it was easy with one sub as it had 2 channels - my stereo field is only really used for guitar and keys and to separate instruments that share the same frequency space.
Would I be best to run the sub separately from an aux and keep it mono ? Otherwise I'll only be sending only one side of the stereo field for everything under 90hz.

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John L Nobile

« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »

I can't remember what you're using for processing. And this thread's too looong to look back. Maybe start a new one?

I sum to mono on my processor.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2019, 04:16:41 PM »

I can't remember what you're using for processing. And this thread's too looong to look back. Maybe start a new one?

I sum to mono on my processor.

OK - starting a new thread:

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?action=post;board=10.0
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »

Hope Bella is better!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »

Thank you for all the kind words guys - I really appreciate that. I LOVE my 3 dogs and dread them getting old or sick.

My update on my little Bella - hopeful ....
We went to our scheduled appointment today and quite honestly after her decline this weekend, we feared the worst But the doctor and I are not giving up so I have returned home with a 1000ml bag of fluids. I am to administer 100ml per day for 10 days and then check her levels again. Home dialysis for doggies...
She had an anti nausea shot and 100ml fluids as well as her blood test - 3 sticks - and she was such little trooper. She hasn't eaten yet but I hope she does later....

Through all of this I did think of a PA question for you guys.
As you know, for the Danley system, I have chosen to use a 2 channel amp per side running stereo to be able to utilize the D snake as I did before with the SRX powered system. A lot of the shows will only require one sub but I still want to stick to stereo and keep the cabling tidy - nothing running across the stage. With the powered system it was easy with one sub as it had 2 channels - my stereo field is only really used for guitar and keys and to separate instruments that share the same frequency space.
Would I be best to run the sub separately from an aux and keep it mono ? Otherwise I'll only be sending only one side of the stereo field for everything under 90hz.

Run the cable around the back of the stage.

The only reason to not run cables on an elevated stage (even if it is just a lip) is aesthetic.  On a flat performance area it's safety.  Even on big weddings if you have an elevated stage cables get run up front.  By the time lighting, audio and video are done it's usually quite the pile of cables, and it is sorta expected.  If it's a skirted stage of course you can push the cables under the stage.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.