ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL  (Read 69116 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »

Take a 1 1/2" hole saw to the top and bottom of the case and hot glue some wire mesh to the inside to keep the bugs out.

Oooooh....thoughts...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2019, 08:38:44 PM »

*sigh*

Hence my recommendation for (at least) 3u racks, with patchpanels. On their backs the racks will only be more unstable, because higher, cabling and no airflow. Don't use 1u drawers. They only take up space, money and weight. Just put the powercable from the back in the empty space. Handles and latches are always in the way. You can put some small rubber feet on one side. Place the amp in the lower spot. If you don't it is nearly impossible to remove the speakons and xlr's.

Good luck.

I don't want bigger than 2u - the cables fit great in the slot of each one without drawers. I'm going to use the ply attachments to the side of the rack cases and put them on their sides.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2019, 03:03:47 AM »

The DSR's are usually set at about 12 o'clock with the PRX718's at about 4 o'clock for small clubs

12 o'clock on the Yamaha = 0dB on the Powersoft. Unless you're connecting an early-2000s MP3 player direct to the inputs, 0dB will be fine.

A couple of bits of wood for the amp racks wouldn't be a bad thing - think of them like the wooden blocks that get used for monitors to change the projection angle. Someone suggested rubber feet, which is another good idea.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

David Allred

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »

I have an AR2412 in a deep rack case also and I'd love to put it on its back.

That's what the guy dancing with Lady Gaga on (then off) stage thought as well.  Ouch, but a story to tell the grandkids, maybe. :-[

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »

I suppose because the output of the amp matches the subs well for program material I based it on that. The tops will handle less.
My powered speakers have never run on 0db so I thought I'd need to be higher than that.

I just put my amps in the racks. I have deep racks that are 8" deeper than the back of the amps so I was wondering if this would be enough to allow air flow to the amps if I kept the backs on the amps and sat them on stage on their backs. I am just working out how I want to put everything together.
I wanted to put the racks on their sides but they won't stand up that way due to the latch placement.
I could make some sort of little stand I suppose if needed but if I can keep them on their backs, I wouldn't have to and then I'll keep the cables connected and leave them in the rack for speed.
Buy two Gator GR-2L racks for your amps. They have integrated molded feet on the sides so they can be stood up on their sides. Stand them up on their sides against the sides of each sub.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2019, 02:57:10 PM »

Buy two Gator GR-2L racks for your amps. They have integrated molded feet on the sides so they can be stood up on their sides. Stand them up on their sides against the sides of each sub.

We went with G-Tour cases. I already owned one that I had 'lent' to a friend and just had returned. I grabbed a second one.
Having paid so much for good quality amps, we decided to house them in stronger cases.

I want some rear rack ears now....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2019, 03:44:55 PM »

12 o'clock on the Yamaha = 0dB on the Powersoft. Unless you're connecting an early-2000s MP3 player direct to the inputs, 0dB will be fine.

A couple of bits of wood for the amp racks wouldn't be a bad thing - think of them like the wooden blocks that get used for monitors to change the projection angle. Someone suggested rubber feet, which is another good idea.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll use your suggestion to start and tweak from there.

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »

We went with G-Tour cases. I already owned one that I had 'lent' to a friend and just had returned. I grabbed a second one.
Having paid so much for good quality amps, we decided to house them in stronger cases.

I want some rear rack ears now....

For your purposes the GR series will offer more than adequate protection for your amps, plus they are lighter than the G Tour and are already equipped with rear rack ears. They will also be easy to deploy.
I would not cut holes in the G Tour cases in order to ventilate them if you decide to use them for your amps.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »

For your purposes the GR series will offer more than adequate protection for your amps, plus they are lighter than the G Tour and are already equipped with rear rack ears. They will also be easy to deploy.
I would not cut holes in the G Tour cases in order to ventilate them if you decide to use them for your amps.

Maybe but these are built like tanks and as the amps are only 16lbs, they aren't that heavy.  I don't see where the GR series comes with rack ears, how would they know which ears would be needed?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:25:20 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »

As an update.... I sold the SRX818sp's to a forum member in CA (freight shipped),  the SRX812's to a buyer in VA, I have a pending sale for the SRX828sp to a  forum member here in the Raleigh area and I only have the SRX815's left.
I am tempted to keep them because they are the only 15's I have now.  The SM80's and the DSR112's don't have great low frequency response and are best used with subs. 
So if I had a duo, lounge act or drummer wedge application to fill,   these would come in handy. The low end thump on the SRX815's is very impressive.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.