ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL  (Read 67491 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »

I am super late to the party.

First, congrats! You'll love it and retire happy instead of dreaming of better sound! :)

But some thoughts as I read through.

Someone else mentioned plate amps. You can actually run two subs off of one plate amp.

Chris mentioned 8ohms vs 4 ohms. I'd get 4ohms no matter what. When run hot they're in power compression and average around 8ohms on my iTech 8k. so with 2 on the same channel its around 4ohms perfect for most amps. and you could get away with 3 on one channel on a super amp...

The pole cups are easy to move around, you can order in any config. But I'd get alteast one M20 screw type and one 35mm pole type and put the pole mount on the sub where you need it (side or stood up).

You will have to re-wire the nl4 connectors on the sub for pass-thru of the 2nd pair of pins for the sm80 if you want to link the system.

Join the FB Danley group for lots of Danley fanboy photos and tech discussion.

You could dial in your own preset with 2ch FFT and a day, or just email DSL/post in DSLUG and get presets in a few minutes.

There's prolly more, but that's what I remember from the thread.

Thanks Nathan. I ordered M20 pole mount. My gas assist poles have adaptors for either but I've been M20 for years. I have already chosen my components - amps and I am happy with my choices.
I did ask about the plate amps but chose against them. This will work for me and the more I think about it, the happier I am with my choice.

You kinda hit the nail on the head about retiring happy. I have whined about Danley for years but never thought it would happen,  so for me - without getting too soppy - this is a dream come true I suppose.
I spent quite a few years with some nasty health issues to deal with and came away from live music for that reason so I got back into it again a bit later in life and had to catch up- LOL!.
Don't get me wrong - I have thoroughly enjoyed using my SRX systems - 700 and then 800 powered and I have been very happy with the results I was able to get - very happy indeed.  The SRX series is a killer rig and unbeatable in it's class IMHO. Some might say I should have stopped there ... but this move is for a number of reasons:
1) It's Danley.
2) I get the same if not more SPL using less boxes - so less storage and less units to move around and transport ( and load and unload) .
3) It's Danley.
4) I can stop whining which will keep hubby happy.
5) It's Danley
6) My dream came true
7) It's Danley
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »

1) It's Danley.
3) It's Danley.
5) It's Danley
7) It's Danley

So many old commercials come to mind....

"But wait, I could have had a Danley!"
"The time to think about a Danley is before you've bought something else."
"Is it live, or is it Danley?"
"You can pay me now, or you can pay me later."
"Got Danley?"
"Be all you can be"
"Can you hear me now?"
"It's not just a PA, it's a Danley!"
"Don't leave home without it!"
"Just do it!"
"Reach out and touch someone"
"There are some things money can't by. For everything else, there's Danley."
"When you care enough to play through the very best..."
"When it absolutely, positively has to rock the house...."

OK, I'll stop....  :)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »

Here was the schedule, it was a long day:

Truck Call 7:30AM
On - Site 9AM
Setup (racks and stacks 4 subs 2 tops per side) stage side FOH
Noon - Solo act hits
3-9PM random Oktoberfest bands, dance troupes (yeah tacks) wood chopping and drinking contests support.   
9PM - Midnight (regional 9 piece)
2AM - Truck rolls off property
3:15AM back at shop

Very nice!  You should see my itinerary for the week of the Fourth of July!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »

And I wasn't working this weekend so I was available.....
That was a LONG day - nice job!

It was a long day.....thanks.  Last band was excellent.

https://youtu.be/nIgwvi8P2NU
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »

I expect the amps will be just fine sat on their side (ie, front and back still exposed, but they're portrait rather than landscape). I've heard of people doing some pretty nasty torture testing on these amps (including running them up to full power for hours in a completely enclosed rack), and they've always come out just fine.

I'd use a 2U case, with a 1U drawer for the SpeakOns. Nice and neat.

Chris

Definitely getting 2 u I think but maybe just slot the cables underneath.

Chris I just saw your other thread about the poor service you have received on the repair of the T 604 amp that bricked.
I had seen it before but didn't put 2 and 2 together till now. Should I be concerned now I am making the purchase of the 2 T602's???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »

Chris I just saw your other thread about the poor service you have received on the repair of the T 604 amp that bricked.
I had seen it before but didn't put 2 and 2 together till now. Should I be concerned now I am making the purchase of the 2 T602's???

I was under the impression that PowerSoft was a top of the line product. If I recall, there was a recent thread about Fulcrum no longer offering self powered speakers as they were having too many service issues with the PowerSoft plate amps they were using. Who is the OEM for the Danley DNA amps?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2019, 02:37:42 AM »

Who is the OEM for the Danley DNA amps?

The DNA amps are built by Linea Research.

My one experience with Powersoft service in the USA was very satisfactory. I sent them a K10 that was running hot and they had it fixed and back to me in about a week. The repair cost was reasonable.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2019, 02:46:31 AM »

Definitely getting 2 u I think but maybe just slot the cables underneath.

Debbie,

I did wonder if it'd be spotted. I think you'll be fine - I've had word that the USA servicing has been overhauled in the past couple of years, meaning they're able to cope with higher demands. Here in Europe, they're actively working on the same process of expanding the service capabilities. Right now, my T604 has "fallen through the cracks", as it were - it's a new product going into an old service centre, while the service centre is being expanded.

From what I can tell, my T604 has also been a totally isolated case. The rest of my T-series amps have been performing flawlessly, and I fully expect yours to do the same.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2019, 07:28:41 AM »

It was a long day.....thanks.  Last band was excellent.

https://youtu.be/nIgwvi8P2NU

They are quite good, but that cowbell player is the star!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »

The DNA amps are built by Linea Research.

My one experience with Powersoft service in the USA was very satisfactory. I sent them a K10 that was running hot and they had it fixed and back to me in about a week. The repair cost was reasonable.

Thanks Mike.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.