ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL  (Read 22868 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2019, 12:05:59 pm »

IIRC, Ivan was working with an X8 to derive some presets. Not sure of the progress of that, though.

Chris
I have some Armonia presets, but Powersoft wanted their amp back, so we don't have one to create presets on.  So it came to a halt.

A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2019, 12:47:15 pm »

I have some Armonia presets, but Powersoft wanted their amp back, so we don't have one to create presets on.  So it came to a halt.

Maybe this would help .... IIR replicator

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2019, 02:07:52 pm »

Here are my Limiter screens for TH118 and SM80. I have only entered some values in RMS limiter - all the other were pre populated.
I had to take the photos with my phone because I couldn't get screen print to work ( like I said, my old laptop is bit of a dog)

EDIT: It looks like my last few changes did not save and I took these shots before I realized. I've gone back in and made the changes:
I now have limiter release on the SM's at 1.5s and on the TH118's at 4.5s as per the Danley workup Mike provided me.
Everything else remans the same.
All the other available limiter values have been disabled so I only have RMS activated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:24:08 pm by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2019, 02:15:55 pm »

Here are the EQ/crossover settings I have applied:
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2019, 02:28:16 pm »

Chris, I followed your instructions to the letter. Thank you so much for the time you spent laying it all out for me step by step.
I am a little more comfortable using Armonia now - although there are still aspects of it that I don't understand and for my application I probably don't want to- LOL.
The speakers are not here yet but when they arrive of course I want to connect this bad boy up and experience the Danley THANG.
I made sure to set the previous 'gain' screen to just how you showed to enable connection to only one input of the amp from the mixer so If my screenshots for EQ/Crossover and Limiting look right, could you confirm I am safe to go ahead?
I presumably need to bring down the tops to match the bottoms, so would I be OK to keep the gain settings on full saved to the snapshot and just adjust the levels on the front panels at shows?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2019, 03:20:41 pm »

I have not blown a speaker (personally, had others damage my gear) in 20 years and I wqs really abusing that rig.

I have however dropped a KW181 off the back of a truck and knocked the magnet off (it's riveted) so stupidity knows no bounds.

I think of Debbie dropped one of jer speakers she would have a heart attack on the spot.   Whoever gets her JBL rig is lucky!

Yes - I'd have to be hospitalized......I wish I could find used equipment like this when I am in the market.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2019, 04:13:00 pm »

One more thing..... Powersoft provides 3 region specific power cords.
As these are not the usual IEC or powercons, I believe they are called C-19, I'd like to always have a spare with me and I was wondering if I could use one of the other regional cords by either cutting off the plug OR getting an adaptor of sorts.... thoughts?

Jeffrey Knorr - CobraSound.com

• CobraSound.com
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2019, 04:40:53 pm »

One more thing..... Powersoft provides 3 region specific power cords.
As these are not the usual IEC or powercons, I believe they are called C-19, I'd like to always have a spare with me and I was wondering if I could use one of the other regional cords by either cutting off the plug OR getting an adaptor of sorts.... thoughts?

Yes, you could cut the end off of one of the other cables and wire your desired plug on.  We're working on an install now with Powersoft amps.  We're going to keep the other cables for spares just in case one of the US cables goes missing.

Jeff

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2019, 05:11:57 pm »

Yes, you could cut the end off of one of the other cables and wire your desired plug on.  We're working on an install now with Powersoft amps.  We're going to keep the other cables for spares just in case one of the US cables goes missing.

Jeff

I think I'll do that. Is one Australian and the other EU?. The EU one has no ground.... bit worrying??

Taylor Hall

« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »

I think I'll do that. Is one Australian and the other EU?. The EU one has no ground.... bit worrying??
Aussie plugs should resemble a grounded US plug but with slightly angled hot/neutral prongs and a flat ground prong.

That would be interesting if they ship that amp with a type-C cable as those are for low-amperage applications (I think somewhere around 2-3A, my Euro code is a bit fuzzy). Is it a flat-ish plug end with only two round prongs? Or a round plug with two round prongs and a metal lip and/or hole in the top center of the face of the plug surface?

I wouldn't operate the amp without a ground, especially since it's part of the IEC connector on the amp itself.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.