ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL  (Read 69153 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Not my G.A.S this time - LOL
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2019, 04:03:48 PM »

Just made up all my SpeakON cables. One question.... When using the neutrik NL4MMX SpeakON coupler to connect 2 x 15ft SpeakON cables,  is there any (much) loss compared to using 1 x 30ft cable?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Taylor Hall

« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »

Just made up all my SpeakON cables. One question.... When using the neutrik NL4MMX SpeakON coupler to connect 2 x 15ft SpeakON cables,  is there any (much) loss compared to using 1 x 30ft cable?
I wager you'd be hard pressed to find a difference unless your two 15ft cables were of different gauge wire.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »

I wager you'd be hard pressed to find a difference unless your two 15ft cables were of different gauge wire.

Thanks Taylor. This would only be in an emergency if one amp went down. I am keeping to the short length cables with an amp per stack and I didn't want to keep a long cable with me just for that purpose. I hope I NEVER have to use this method but it makes sense to be prepared  so I can get through a show running mono.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »

Based on this weekend,s octoberfest DJ gig, The non-XL goes plenty low, and musically.

Would the DJ "monitors" be a candidate for reverse tilt?

Rick Powell

« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »

Looked up the Neutrik SpeakON specs for the 4 pole coupler. Minimal resistance of 3mOhm after a lifetime of use, rated 15A continuous. I’d say you are good in a pinch as long as your cables are OK.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »

Looked up the Neutrik SpeakON specs for the 4 pole coupler. Minimal resistance of 3mOhm after a lifetime of use, rated 15A continuous. I’d say you are good in a pinch as long as your cables are OK.

Thanks Rick

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »

My Powersoft amps arrived today .... I was so excited till I turned one on and realized I am out of my depth with this. I am used to plugging in, turning the knob and off I go. My last system comprised Crown XTI6002's and  DBX drive rack which was SO easy to program. This might as well be rocket science - this poor old brain don't get it!

So first I need to download Armonia. The manual states PC XP and higher - I am ALL MAC. First problem.
From there I haven't a clue......gonna need some assistance - HELP???

I dragged out my old Toshiba laptop which surprisingly fired up once plugged in...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:58:30 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2019, 07:19:26 PM »

My Powersoft amps arrived today .... I was so excited till I turned one on and realized I am out of my depth with this. I am used to plugging in, turning the knob and off I go. My last system comprised Crown XTI6002's and  DBX drive rack which was SO easy to program. This might as well be rocket science - this poor old brain don't get it!

Debbie, fear not. Armonia is not so bad. If I were closer I'd walk you through it. It has a lot of stuff for managing big systems that you can cheerfully ignore.

Once you get it to find your devices and store a .pawx file then all you need to see is the "System List" tab. Turn on the amps, start Armonia, get a cup of coffee (it's slow), Click on the stupid "ball" icon in the upper left and tell it to open the .pawx file. In the system list click on "Details" for the amp you're interested in. This will create a tab for that amp that will persist for the session and open the main control window for that amp. From there it's pretty self-explanatory. The have funny names for things like "Ways" and "Scheme". But once you get in there it's all the familiar stuff: input routing, input EQ, output EQ, limiters, clip limiter.

Let us know if you get stuck anywhere and be assured it sucks less than some control programs.

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2019, 08:03:27 PM »

Debbie, fear not. Armonia is not so bad. If I were closer I'd walk you through it. It has a lot of stuff for managing big systems that you can cheerfully ignore.

Once you get it to find your devices and store a .pawx file then all you need to see is the "System List" tab. Turn on the amps, start Armonia, get a cup of coffee (it's slow), Click on the stupid "ball" icon in the upper left and tell it to open the .pawx file. In the system list click on "Details" for the amp you're interested in. This will create a tab for that amp that will persist for the session and open the main control window for that amp. From there it's pretty self-explanatory. The have funny names for things like "Ways" and "Scheme". But once you get in there it's all the familiar stuff: input routing, input EQ, output EQ, limiters, clip limiter.

Let us know if you get stuck anywhere and be assured it sucks less than some control programs.

--Frank

Thanks Frank.

My first problem was I don't have PC’s - I’m all Mac and Armonia is not compatible with Mac - surprisingly..
So, I grabbed my old Toshiba ( as I said in my last post) which I haven’t even looked at for 3 years and which also has a defective battery but once plugged into the mains it fortunately booted up for me. It took the first couple of hours just to get it up to date and it is a dog too use but it is working.
Then, I managed to download the Armonia application and started to check it out. I registered as a user and whilst attempting to set up my system virtually, I tried to get the Danley settings Mike gave me into the application but it is looking for extension .PAWT and Mike sent me  .PAWX which you are saying is correct. I Armonia does not seem to recognize what I am trying to do.  Also the software did not recognize the Danley .SPK extensions that Mike provided for me.
I haven't even got close to how I’m going to download the settings into the amps yet.

I have Chris helping me because he is better with PC's but we are both limping through a bit and are now stuck.
I really need some guidance because this is a little beyond my capabilities….I wish you were closer too!!

Taylor Hall

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »

I would look into getting a copy of Parallels, it will let you run Windows in a virtual environment on your Mac and let you use all the same ports and network connections so you won't have to lug around two laptops.

I wish I knew more about Armonia (or had any Powersoft gear for that matter!) to be able to help out, hopefully the lightbulb comes on sooner than later!
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.