ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie 450 active cab stopped working  (Read 820 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Mackie 450 active cab stopped working
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »

I played in a band at an outdoor gig on Saturday and one of the above-mentioned FOH cabs stopped working.  It would power-up, pass signal, and then shut down (the thermal light is dark the whole time) after a couple of minutes.

FYI: I just play with this band and have nothing to do with the PA (other than to plug my two mics into the board).

The guy in the band that brings the PA knows very little about sound (and musicianship) in general but he insists that he's an expert.
We've used his PA for the past 10 years and he started out with 4 of these cabs; two as FOH and two as monitors.
This is the 3rd to go belly-up.

Some background: This is a german/polka band and the guy runs everything through those speakers; kick, tuba, accordian, vocals, etc.....no subs/crossover/processing of any kind.

I am wondering if the kick/tuba (extremely loud tuba at that) over the years did them in, or is 8-10 years (about 15 gigs per year) all that one could expect from a Mackie.

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Re: Mackie 450 active cab stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:02:54 AM »

I suggest a dignified Viking funeral, and to paraphrase Nigel Tufnel, “best left unsolved.”
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

We have a small fleet of "old-world" Mackie boxes that have been great workhorses and have paid for themselves many times over, but unfortunately it is not uncommon for amp modules to fail with little/no warning. Sell the dead boxes for parts and replace with something more modern.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.