ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manufactured Heavy Cable Storage Solution  (Read 1587 times)

Scott Trouwborst

Manufactured Heavy Cable Storage Solution
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:46:01 AM »

Hi all,
     I what how people have been storing their cables before has been covered; but the solutions were mostly had homemade solution. I'm wondering what anyone has seen out there that has been manufactured to store heavy cables. Preferably peg style as to take advantage of vertical space as well as keep small numbers of a lot of different length's and type of cable organized for easy prepping. So, what have you all purchased to store your cables such as feeder, socapex, and analog snakes?

Thanks,
Scott T

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Manufactured Heavy Cable Storage Solution
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:39:57 AM »

I use heavy-duty steel storage racks that are set to allow road cases to be stored underneath, with cables stored on the shelves that are above the case storage. The cables don't hang, but are stored coiled and laid flat. The racks are labled as to each type and size of cable.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

For large/long cables, a garden hose rack would be easier on the cable.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »

Hi all,
     I what how people have been storing their cables before has been covered; but the solutions were mostly had homemade solution. I'm wondering what anyone has seen out there that has been manufactured to store heavy cables. Preferably peg style as to take advantage of vertical space as well as keep small numbers of a lot of different length's and type of cable organized for easy prepping. So, what have you all purchased to store your cables such as feeder, socapex, and analog snakes?

Thanks,
Scott T

Every shop I’ve worked in has kept heavy cables (feeder, multicore etc) in dedicates cases.  Ends are easily available for testing in the shop without a complete unpack.  Case only gets unpacked at the shop if the cable needs cleaning.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »

Hi all,

Thanks,
Scott T

Feeder, Soca, and snakes are all in dedicated road cases.
Screwed a few 4x8 3/4" panels to the walls, and got a bunch of "table leg sockets"
(Look at some OLD banquet tables. A raw chunk of Ply, with 4 "sockets" in the corners for threaded pipe)
I got a dozen broken down tables, and salvaged the sockets. Cut down the legs, and away you go.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 01:57:10 PM »

If not custom built bins, shelf space, or dedicated cases, the only other thing I've really seen widely used were collapsable plastic bins that are pallet sized. 

Generally speaking, feeder, soca and most analog snakes of any high channel count/long length will be arguably too heavy to hang up on a cable wall. 

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »

For large/long cables, a garden hose rack would be easier on the cable.

That is what I use for my 50a feeders.

Smaller stuff goes on ladder rack style hooks

Speak on, & xlr in EWI cubes.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.