ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ramp for Van?  (Read 2563 times)

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: Ramp for Van?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 08:48:07 AM »

Here in the UK the first grumpy cop to see that would pull you over and make you take it off (or sort you out with a nice little fine) for obscuring the licence plate.

Santa Rosa must have some pretty chill cops.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 10:42:34 AM »

We will be getting a E350 van from the university fleet for this to replace a mini van and reduce the use of my personal truck.

Do you prefer a loose folding ramp or something "mounted"?

I bought a folding 6' aluminum ramp from HF for around $100 (back when they had real coupons). Worked great for my E350 (better through the side door than the rear) and my T350 (ditto).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 11:38:12 PM »

I bought a folding 6' aluminum ramp from HF for around $100 (back when they had real coupons). Worked great for my E350 (better through the side door than the rear) and my T350 (ditto).

Dave

How much do you weigh?  I am 300 and I pushed a case up into my e350 and busted the HF ramp.  That wasn't fun.

What year e350?  I liked mine so much I put a new 6L diesel in it.  I bet I get another 300k miles out of it. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 11:28:29 PM »

I bought one of these several years ago. Works awesome. You supply the 3/4” plywood and make it as wide as needed. Some sandpaper grip tape is a good idea too.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/600-lb-8-ft-foldable-utility-steel-ramp-hardware/product/PA0008118234
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 12:19:57 PM »

I bought one of these several years ago. Works awesome.

I bought one of those, too, for my old stepvan, without considering how much 12' of 3/4" plywood weighs. Mine works, but it's completely unmanageable.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 02:53:05 PM »

I ran across a deal on this near-new folding commercial ramp.

I'm kinda jealous, been looking at those for my sprinter. How is that 'dot' plating with road case casters?

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 03:31:26 PM »

I'm kinda jealous, been looking at those for my sprinter. How is that 'dot' plating with road case casters?

The perforations don't really interfere much with rolling, but they also don't provide enough traction on a rainy day. I carry a 10' roll of rubber backed carpet runner to use when it is wet.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 01:54:31 PM »

How much do you weigh?  I am 300 and I pushed a case up into my e350 and busted the HF ramp.  That wasn't fun.

Ouch! I bet not.  I'm a tad over 215 in full gear and have loaded heavy amp racks & monitor cases with no ramp failures (knock on wood). A couple of dents, but no major bowing or cracks to date.

Quote from: Scott Holtzman
What year e350?  I liked mine so much I put a new 6L diesel in it.  I bet I get another 300k miles out of it.

My E350 was a 2014, with the 5.0L V8. My biggest beef with that was having to hunch over while loading. My T350 Medium Roof was a 2018 and my F350 6.7L diesel is a 2017.

Dave

John Schalk

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »

My E350 was a 2014, with the 5.0L V8. My biggest beef with that was having to hunch over while loading. My T350 Medium Roof was a 2018 and my F350 6.7L diesel is a 2017.
Dave,
What is the height like in your T350 with the Medium roof?  I'm 6' 3" and, while I have worked to keep the weight down on my gear, I'd prefer to bend over as little as possible while loading & unloading a van.  When I rent a U-Haul, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the low roof model.  I love the "bend back" rear doors, the sliding side door, the LED interior lighting, and the way the Ford Transits drive.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 04:41:12 PM »

Dave,
What is the height like in your T350 with the Medium roof?  I'm 6' 3" and, while I have worked to keep the weight down on my gear, I'd prefer to bend over as little as possible while loading & unloading a van.  When I rent a U-Haul, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the low roof model.  I love the "bend back" rear doors, the sliding side door, the LED interior lighting, and the way the Ford Transits drive.

The specs should be on the Ford site. I'm maybe 5' 9" and, with a hat, had to duck at the dome lights and corners. That said, it's a whole lot easier on the back to just bend slightly at the knees than hunch over at the waist, like I had to do with the E350.

The Medium Roof required 8' 6" clearance, so most garages and parking ramps were out of the question. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the High Roof version.

Agreed on the cool rear doors and ease of driving the Transit.

Dave

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 04:41:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.