ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics over Live Video  (Read 7678 times)

Tim Grant

Lyrics over Live Video
« on: January 06, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »

Hi.

Just wanting to know of good software or software that you use to project Lyrics over the top of video, or live video.

Thanks.  
Tim

Aaron McQueen

Re: Lyrics over Live Video
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:19:55 PM »

Check out EasyWorship.  For text over live video get one of the capture cards recommended on their forums and you need a fast computer to do it well.
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

Tim Grant

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »

Great, Thanks

Bob Miller

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »

a) use a video mixer w/ chroma key
b) use mediashout (not sure about live video)
c) use both (my setup)

StJohn Gill II

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 07:21:52 AM »

if you ar talking real video i would suggest actual hardware (i.e. video mixer). You will ahve less crashes (i.e. 0) and even if it does fail, a low end mixer reset is switch of switch on and your goign - much quicker than a computer. For a mid range try a videonics product - good value for money just be sure you treat the well as the are not very well cased - they are awesome for permanen installs. I think teya re up to the MX4 we have an MX1, MX Pro and MX3 and they are all still working and awesome for their price. They all have chroma key function.

Jeff Friesen

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:49:05 PM »

We run mediashout and love it (although I found version 2.5 much more stable).

Version 3 does have the capability of running lyrics over video, DVD, and live video (although I haven't tried the live video).

nik.martin

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:42:23 PM »

friesenjeff wrote on Tue, 14 March 2006 11:49

We run mediashout and love it (although I found version 2.5 much more stable).

Version 3 does have the capability of running lyrics over video, DVD, and live video (although I haven't tried the live video).

We had MediaShout 2.5, went to three hoping things would get better, and man that software is just blaoted junk, IMO.  It takes so many steps to do ANYTHING!  We uninstalled and went to EasyWorship, and never looked back.  The text rendering is so smooth, and the interface is plain and unclogged.  The text over video is very straightforward, and the edit interface rocks.

Julia Chantrell

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »

What about Powerpoint [if MS Office isn't a rude word on here like it is elsewhere...]

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 03:11:12 AM »

Office is good to use in an office.  Don't use it in a worship service.  There are so many other better options.  And I don't think PowerPoint does lyrics over live video.

I agree with some others that say you should look into using a computer to key the lyrics into a video mixer/switcher.

cl

Bill.Swaringim

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 10:37:02 PM »

Hey Tim:
You operating in the Windows or Mac world?

I just posted on another thread about ProPresenter from www.renewedvision.com but that is strictly for MAC.  This is probably one of the best -quality and dependable- ways of doing this.  But there are other ways.  As Aaron mentioned if you use Easy Worship (or Media Shout) you will need a quality and compatible capture card and a computer that is fast enough to support the operation.

Using a video mixer like the Edirol V4 that allows you to chroma key or luminance key along with a video input and computer input (you will have to down scale the computer & loose some quality of the comp)with PPT will work.  You can also find switcher units that will take the same inputs but upscale the computer image to maintain the quality of that source.

Bill

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 10:37:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.