ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deesser  (Read 2514 times)

John Swartzfager

Deesser
« on: September 18, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »

I have heard a bit about Deessers it sounds like one would solve problems I have with the pastor's mic. Researching it a bit just now I see Dessers that are downloadable software. That has me confused since our sound never passes through a computer. How would a software Deesser ever get applied? Are there Deessers that plug into a soundboard for use with live sound?

Jordan Wolf

Re: Deesser
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »

I have heard a bit about Deessers it sounds like one would solve problems I have with the pastor's mic.
What type of mic? Handheld, lapel/lavaliere, headset?

Researching it a bit just now I see Dessers that are downloadable software. That has me confused since our sound never passes through a computer. How would a software Deesser ever get applied? Are there Deessers that plug into a soundboard for use with live sound?
There are built-in as well as external audio interfaces available depending on the console.

Waves Soundgrid is one example of an external system that uses such a method to process the signal.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:34:10 PM »

What type of mixer are you using.

Describe the problems your hearing with the pastors mic.

There are/were many analog stand alone de-essers.
If your using an analog mixer you can find good deals on outboard analog processors these days.
If that's the case search BSS 404, 402 or 422.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 06:53:49 AM by Mike Caldwell »

MikeHarris

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 02:13:01 AM »

One of the best outboard de-esser is the Derr-esser by empirical labs
http://www.empiricallabs.com/derresser.html

I prefer the Rupert Neve lunchbox psu

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »

I have heard a bit about Deessers it sounds like one would solve problems I have with the pastor's mic. Researching it a bit just now I see Dessers that are downloadable software. That has me confused since our sound never passes through a computer. How would a software Deesser ever get applied? Are there Deessers that plug into a soundboard for use with live sound?

Did you try anything from the responses to your post here? https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,171911.msg1582977.html#msg1582977

From what you describe there it doesn’t sound like you are dealing with a problem that a deesser works for. What mixer are you using? And what headset mic are you using and what wireless system are you using? Please include the brand and model# in your answer to these questions. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.