ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WWB question - location?  (Read 4399 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Re: WWB question - location?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 02:40:31 PM »

WOW - that Seed Studio RF Explorer looks like an incredible deal. I was shopping around on other sites and was thinking I might have to spend 4 figures for something... is the Seed RF Explorer 3G Combo really good enough to use for IEM channel searching in a new venue?

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »

I am not sure I can afford one but what tool will scan and give me results I could put in a csv file?

An RFexplorer would work, I use a TTi .
There is a list with links on Pete Erskine's excellent site bestaudio.com. Look under the "scans" tab.

Rick Earl

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »

WOW - that Seed Studio RF Explorer looks like an incredible deal. I was shopping around on other sites and was thinking I might have to spend 4 figures for something... is the Seed RF Explorer 3G Combo really good enough to use for IEM channel searching in a new venue?

I can only answer based on my experience.  The seed studio and the RF Venue behave exactly the same in my software.  I know some people say they are off a bit from the expensive calibrated instruments.  Right now, the overlay of RF Explorer and Shure Axiant Digital Scans I have are almost identical and withing the tuning parameters of all of my wireless.  I have not had any issues from my scans and coordination using it.  I however, am not  a full time RF coordinator like some of the others on this forum, their experience runs much deeper than mine, so I would always defer to their opinion.
 I have invested in a Rohde & Schwarz spectrum analyzer with tracking generator, but I am still learning how to use it, but it does not fit in my travel kit at all like the RF Explorer does.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »

Thank you to everyone.

I will update after tomorrow.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

Allow me to share a tip whether you use our RF Explorer PAE or any of the other silver scanners ...

Extent the range of your scans by 50MHz above and below your frequencies of interest. Coordination programs are only as good as the data you feed them and it’s becoming apparent that out of band interference is contributing garbage in the band you need to use.

Basically the T-mobile 71 band, even though it starts at 620MHz is contributing intermod/noise down to about 550MHz. On the other end of the band LED lighting and video walls may be bumping up your noise floor up into the low 500s.

I confirmed with one of the Shure engineers responsible for WWB that the program would consider out of band info when calculating frequencies. I assume that it is similar for IAS and the others as well.
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 10:09:51 PM »

Kevin, thanks again.

I loaded up 6 of your frequencies. 5 to ULX and one to the IEM Sennheiser TX.
On site I powered up the receivers ( I would have preconfigured but the gear was loaded) and 3 had full scale RF. I set the frequencies and all the RF strength meters were dark. Yay! Problem free wireless mics all day.

The IEM TX went to a paddle at 13’. 500+ ft away, another paddle at 12’ fed a Sennheiser RX and I had 5 of 6 bars and flawless audio all day at a beer garden.

I have ordered the inexpensive RF explorer and plan to go visit my usual outdoor sites and do some scans.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:32:42 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »

Kevin, thanks again.

I loaded up 6 of your frequencies. 5 to ULX and one to the IEM Sennheiser TX.
On site I powered up the receivers ( I would have preconfigured but the gear was loaded) and 3 had full scale RF. I set the frequencies and all the RF strength meters were dark. Yay! Problem free wireless mics all day.

The IEM TX went to a paddle at 13’. 500+ ft away, another paddle at 12’ fed a Sennheiser RX and I had 5 of 6 bars and flawless audio all day at a beer garden.

I have ordered the inexpensive RF explorer and plan to go visit my usual outdoor sites and do some scans.

Thanks again.

I am glade to hear that it went well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 26 queries.