ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: talk box announcer headset  (Read 208 times)

Brian Hancock

talk box announcer headset
« on: September 12, 2019, 01:52:45 pm »

anyone know of a speaker box / with a gooseneck or similar with a line input and mic out.

basically would like something similar to biscuit box rts spk-300 or similar but not relying on the com psu ... i've got power and i've got plenty of lines over a fiber box and already have 4w port on the other end.  I need 1 com drop and trying to not have to burn a 2w to 4w unit for 1 com drop.  I've already got to pull the fiber snake there for other lines so no biggie but if i could cobble together a "talk" box it would be super useful.

thanks in advance and if i wasn't clear please drag me over the coals !!

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: talk box announcer headset
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:13:52 pm »

anyone know of a speaker box / with a gooseneck or similar with a line input and mic out.

basically would like something similar to biscuit box rts spk-300 or similar but not relying on the com psu ... i've got power and i've got plenty of lines over a fiber box and already have 4w port on the other end.  I need 1 com drop and trying to not have to burn a 2w to 4w unit for 1 com drop.  I've already got to pull the fiber snake there for other lines so no biggie but if i could cobble together a "talk" box it would be super useful.

Both Clear-Com and Pro Intercom partyline master stations have connections for single channel 2W intercom (which is essentially RTS ch B), line level in and mic level out, and can accommodate a goose neck mic.

If you have a matrix com system, all the key panels have aux I/O and speakers.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Brian Hancock

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:51:10 am »

Both Clear-Com and Pro Intercom partyline master stations have connections for single channel 2W intercom (which is essentially RTS ch B), line level in and mic level out, and can accommodate a goose neck mic.

If you have a matrix com system, all the key panels have aux I/O and speakers.

thanks henry,

i always thought clearcom's panel (and subsiquent box enclosure) had to have 2w com knew they made a 2 ch version and a standard 1 ch version ... after reading your post i did some further investigation and they actually make a 4w board for their small wall panels which is perfect ... few screws and it turns the standard 2w variants into 4w boxes !! runs off 20-30v dc or an ac option as well.

this is really what i wanted because in this situation they system is all analog partyline 2w, 1 wireless interface and i can use that to get a 4w port to extend over the existing cobranet and fiber ... if things change in the future the box can still be used in either 2w or 4w with a small change.

I think it was said in a different post but this forum is an amazing place ... what other industry can you get to have a conversation with true leaders of the field we are discussing!

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:58:04 am »

Sort of... It's Dante...takes GN mic or headset
8 listen and 8 talk channels

Studio Technologies 348   
https://studio-tech.com/studio-technologies-introduces-model-348-intercom-station-at-nab-2019/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:20:44 am by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
peter@bestaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:58:04 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.