ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fundraiser losses....  (Read 8688 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: Fundraiser losses....
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2019, 07:35:18 AM »

I'll charge full rate and donate an amount bringing the balance back down to the fee I wanted in the first place.
I have done the above several times.

It's a good lesson for the non-profit organizers in that they have to show "good faith" in YOU.

"Good faith" by a non-profit does not pan-out more times than not as I have been approached by non-profits with the promise of "we'll ad your business to our advertising, banners, T shirts, etc." only to discover that these do z-e-r-o for business....
oh........
but it does get your name to other non-profits.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 10:41:30 AM »

When I see organizers pulling up in Lexus, Benz, Porsche and other assorted hob-nob, they're making money. Why shouldn't I ?

As I said, IF i want to support something, I'll write a check.
Chris.

I have already said that I believe providers should be paid and any discount/donation/freebie should be at their discretion.

That said, I am involved in two charitable organaizations.  One is my church-we do an event every year where we spend north of $50,000 (church runs around 350 on Sundays) -- money we raise ourselves.  Of the 200+ or so people involved in doing this, the only paychecks written or the usual to our staff of 5 (no overtime   :) ) and one or two outside vendors.  So yes, we shop and ask for a great price/discount on gear (a lot of the cost is gear rental)-are greatful when we get it, understand when we don't. Some of the people involved may drive up in nice vehicles-but some of them have written at least one 5 figure check to the organization in the last year.  They are not getting paid for their time in this event, either.

The other organization does fundraisers-and has zero paid staff-though again, some of the organziers will arrive at the event in nice vehicles.

I don't say this to toot our horn, just to give a look at the other side of things.  I know that is not the case with every "non-profit"-but there are some out there that are truly non-profit.  Does that mean you have to support my cause?  Of course not, but I naturally like people that like my causes better than those that don't-but whether I like you or not is probably not worth much!
Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 10:41:30 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.