ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xlr one female to two male Y splitter  (Read 1022 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
xlr one female to two male Y splitter
« on: September 09, 2019, 09:25:13 am »

I do not usually "impulse buy" but I took a chance on this:
 https://www.ebay.com/itm/123010582808?ul_noapp=true

I ordered two of them.  (It came out to under $7 so why not take a chance??)
The order arrived today after about 3 weeks...I expected a lengthy wait as it came from China.

I expect very little quality from an Ebay/China product.....but, to my surprise, both units work well.  I put them through the usual "ropes"; cable tester, pulled on the wires a bit to see if the connections are sound, unscrewed the jacks and inspected the soldering....no issues noted...

A good deal on ebay....??

In the back of my mind I feel that the must be a caveat....(maybe the solder used causes cancer, etc.) but the product looks good.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: xlr one female to two male Y splitter
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:35:03 am »

Iíve become a fan of the W adapter after freelancing with a company that uses them.  2M 2F means you can have one box of adapters that does everything.  Splits, gender bends, splitting gender bends, you name it.  Itís nice to just reach in and grab exactly what you need every time.

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:17:42 am »

Iíve become a fan of the W adapter after freelancing with a company that uses them.  2M 2F
FWIW:  I've known those as "Z" adapters.  And I agree:  "They're handy".

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 10:33:02 am »

FWIW:  I've known those as "Z" adapters.  And I agree:  "They're handy".

Agreed, I love Z-cables. I need to make another dozen of them soon, actually. I've never found an economical commercial source for them.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 12:31:19 pm »

I do not usually "impulse buy" but I took a chance on this:
 https://www.ebay.com/itm/123010582808?ul_noapp=true

I ordered two of them.  (It came out to under $7 so why not take a chance??)
The order arrived today after about 3 weeks...I expected a lengthy wait as it came from China.

I expect very little quality from an Ebay/China product.....but, to my surprise, both units work well.  I put them through the usual "ropes"; cable tester, pulled on the wires a bit to see if the connections are sound, unscrewed the jacks and inspected the soldering....no issues noted...

A good deal on ebay....??

In the back of my mind I feel that the must be a caveat....(maybe the solder used causes cancer, etc.) but the product looks good.

Yeah, you couldn't make those yourself for anywhere close to that cheap.  They appear to have actual strain relief and decent looking [neutrik copy] connectors.

Well, there ARE quality products made in China.  Just not usually also cheap...  *cough cough iPhone*
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
bdmaudio@gmail.com

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 03:15:44 am »

Well, there ARE quality products made in China.  Just not usually also cheap...  *cough cough iPhone*

If your reason to manufacture in China is to get the cheapest product possible, it will likely be garbage (as it would with that criteria anywhere else in the world).  There are plenty of fine products made in China, many of which would be unaffordable if made in some other countries.
Some of the anti China rhetoric is exactly the same as was being said of Japanese manufacture during the 70s.

Steve.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 11:47:44 am »

If your reason to manufacture in China is to get the cheapest product possible, it will likely be garbage (as it would with that criteria anywhere else in the world).  There are plenty of fine products made in China, many of which would be unaffordable if made in some other countries.
Some of the anti China rhetoric is exactly the same as was being said of Japanese manufacture during the 70s.

Steve.

JR has mentioned multiple times that in contract manufacturing you get the quality you pay for, as enforced by the engineers you keep at the factory to administer the contract.  No boots on the ground?  You get whatever they pack into the container...  And that's not limited to Chinese manufacturing... not at all.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Roland Clarke

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:28:44 pm »

Steve.

Do you mean the oft used term of old, ďJap crapĒ? 😁 By all accounts there is a manufacturer making old style Neutrik plugs and sockets from the old tooling.  I was shown some by Penn Elcom and they sell for a significant reduction on the current line, but in the scheme of things Iím not sure itís a place I would be happy to compromise on.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:33 pm »

These have earned my confidence after about about 2 year's use.

Amazon:                    Hosa YXM-101.5 XLR3F to Dual XLR3M Y Cable, 1.5 Feet

Very handy.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:18 pm »

The eBay ones you found look identical to the GLS splitters I have from Amazon.

And I really like the GLS xlr cables from Amazon I have.

Good quality wire, connectors, and solder. They have heat shrink on the drain/shield.

Good price and Amazon prime for quick shipping.

We've used their xlr's since we started this AV venture and haven't had any failures due to normal usage.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:18 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.