ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me choose wash lights  (Read 4756 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Help me choose wash lights
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »

Thanks Dave I’ll try that

Yes, and if you have more than RGB in your fixture you won't have the color wheel when you do this. It took me a while to figure this out. I now do all of my fixtures manually when setting up in Luminair. With each channel assigned you should be able to match anything that you get from the controls on the back of your fixtures.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 02:48:17 PM »

Yes, and if you have more than RGB in your fixture you won't have the color wheel when you do this. It took me a while to figure this out. I now do all of my fixtures manually when setting up in Luminair. With each channel assigned you should be able to match anything that you get from the controls on the back of your fixtures.
Hmm, I get the color wheel with RGBW.
You could certainly do an RGB fader and individuals for the rest I suppose.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 03:30:58 PM »

Hmm, I get the color wheel with RGBW.
You could certainly do an RGB fader and individuals for the rest I suppose.

What you will find is there is no white, only an equal mix of RGB. Recreate that fixture and don't use the RGB option, but instead individual level faders.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 08:47:03 PM »

What you will find is there is no white, only an equal mix of RGB. Recreate that fixture and don't use the RGB option, but instead individual level faders.
Hmm, I'll need to investigate that.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

John Fruits

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2019, 09:25:41 PM »

My beef at this point is with my lighting controller (luminaire) in that it does not have an option for discrete mixing of all seven colour diodes.  I have to set the fixture to RGB mode (where the fixture uses all 7 diodes with only 3 channels) but somewhere along the translation the colours don't match what comes out of my RGB fixtures. 

Using the buttons on the back of the fixture I can adjust everything the way I want and get some great static looks for uplighting or straight wash, so I am convinced it's a controller issue.  That's the next upgrade...
In your search for budget friendly controls, you might want to take a look at the LightShark units.  It got a lot of buzz at last years LDI.  The unique thing about it is it is browser based.
https://www.workpro.es/lightshark?lang=101
https://www.fullcompass.com/brand/lsh-lightshark/
You can connect up to 3 browsers at the same time with different content.   One idea is to use the core ontage with a touchscreen Chromebook attached for programming and your Ipad for direct control wirelessly. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 08:27:45 PM »

Thanks John.  Without swerving the thread too much further, the LS-1 is definitely on my short list along with the Quickq from Chamsys and the Colorsource from ETC.  Still on the fence whether I want faders and a stand-alone controller or if I should go software like Vista, MAonPC or magicq. The controllers in that price bracket all seem to be dumbed down compared to what you can do in software but then again, I’m a beginner and am not looking for something with a steep learning curve.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

Still on the fence whether I want faders and a stand-alone controller or if I should go software like Vista, MAonPC or magicq.

It’s hard to say, and a lot of it really depends on what you’re comfortable with.  Owning all three combinations you mention (software, software+wing, and full console), I find it hard to really work without a surface.  The only time I work software-only is when I literally just need a single scene or basic control of uplights or truss warmers.  For basic playback I’ll use my wing, and for full-up work I’ll bring my console.  I wouldn’t overthink it or get lost in feature rosters - as others say, excess capability becomes infinitely expensive!   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.