ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Db Technologies IG2T - IG4T informal measurements  (Read 2421 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Db Technologies IG2T - IG4T informal measurements
« on: August 26, 2019, 11:16:40 AM »

I did some basic measurements this morning comparing the 2 speakers. I had to turn down the IG2T 2.5db's compared to the IG4T so the limit lights on the 2 would light at the same time. (it wavered between 2.5 and 3 db's, 2.5 is what I went with )  All measurements after were done with this attenuation.
    I found the IG2T to have between 2 to 4 db's less output compared to the IG4T
The IG2T combined gave a rough 4.5 to 5db increase in spl depending on frequency. When I had to drop the IG2T's down to stack them I slipped and didn't do another impulse response so the low end could be much better. Still the combined response on the 2 combined looks very good in uniform spl and phase.  I didn't combine my IG4T's as I didn't feel like putting 2 up on a tripod. 
    I'll post a couple of setup pictures then 3 replies with the measurements.

Douglas R. Allen

Edit:  I used a 24 Db L/R crossover set to 120hz to take the lows out as I use subs.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:31:35 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Db Technologies IG2T - IG4T informal measurements
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »

First is IG4T compared to IG2T. The IG2T is Blue.
Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »

This next one is 1 IG2T compared to a Stacked Pair of IG2T's. Again I didn't do a Impulse response for the 2 stacked so it effected the low end as I dropped the speaker and microphone down some. 2 IG2T's are green.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »

Last is the 2 IG2T's stacked compared to 1 IG4T.  I'd say roughly 2 or so db's louder depending on frequency.
Overall I was happy with the results. The 2 IG2T's coupled well in frequency and phase response. Had I done a better job the low end would have been better to but I missed it in the measurement.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

When I measured a single IG2T it was at the same height and distance from the measurement microphone. Only when I stacked 2 did I drop the 2 down.

Douglas R. Allen

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »

Looks very nice. Just what I expected and hoped for the IG2T. I think i will soon buy my first pair, and later will continue with a second pair. Thanks for you posts about Ingenia.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.