ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Mac Mini & Dante  (Read 9840 times)

Graham Spice

Re: 2018 Mac Mini & Dante
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 02:24:58 PM »

Philip - you were having an issue with a Mac Mini and Dante using the standard Ethernet port. Did you investigate an external chassis with a Danta PCI card or are you using an Ethernet dongle from another port? I'm considering purchasing a new Mini to use with Dante and could use some more feedback from you on this.

Thanks!

Did some more testing today. Verified the network settings mentioned in the post Robert linked to no effect. Also checked dropping from 64x64 all the way down to 2x2 as referenced in the Audinate FAQ linked by Andrew and still didn't get clock sync.

Contacted Audinate and got the following:
Oh well,

Thanks

Philip

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »

Philip - you were having an issue with a Mac Mini and Dante using the standard Ethernet port. Did you investigate an external chassis with a Danta PCI card or are you using an Ethernet dongle from another port?

I haven’t tried the Dante PCIe card. We used person Ethernet to USB-C adapters to test but haven’t purchased any yet. The old computers still work and I only have so many hours in the day.

It’s also possible that the base 1G port works and the 10G like I have doesn’t even when running at only 1G

Philip

Scott Alan Thompson

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 09:49:51 PM »

I haven’t tried the Dante PCIe card. We used person Ethernet to USB-C adapters to test but haven’t purchased any yet. The old computers still work and I only have so many hours in the day.

It’s also possible that the base 1G port works and the 10G like I have doesn’t even when running at only 1G

Philip

Hey Philip,

I have the exact same issue with a 10G port Mac Mini 10.14.6. All second MBP 10.13.6 sync fine. Mini sees network traffic but fails to sync the clock.

Have you found a solution or do you know if a new Mini with a standard 1G port works?

I normally use Waves SG drivers but had an instance to use DVS. I have yet to use WSG so I am now leary of this platform.

Thank you in advance.

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 10:07:01 AM »

Have you found a solution or do you know if a new Mini with a standard 1G port works?

We purchased USB-C to ethernet adapters and I haven't had time to check the new version of DVS on the internal interface.

:/

Philip

ranjansriram

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 02:01:03 AM »

Has anyone one had success or failure using the 2018 Mac Mini with Dante? I've puchased a pair with the built in 10G interface for my church and we can't get Dante going. I've not been the lead in trouble shooting but the person who is seems to have narrowed it down to PTP sync signals not getting though. AES 67 didn't work but AVB did. Dante did work on an USB-C adapter.

Any ideas or troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks

This is a known issue with the new Mac mini 10g NICs.
Audinate says they are working on a fix for it .

Ranjan

Harald Herz

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

This is a known issue with the new Mac mini 10g NICs.
Audinate says they are working on a fix for it .

Ranjan

Is there a solution to the Mac mini 10Gbps port issue yet?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber